Subscriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscriptions

I love having subscriptions on a forum, it makes finding the threads I'm interested very easy, which is the point. However, I don't like that if I am subscribed to a thread, it seems that I HAVE to get an e-mail every time someone else posts in that thread. After you get subscribed to 20 or so threads that see a few posts a day... well, you get the idea.

So: am I totally missing a setting under my options, or is it an all or nothing (subscriptions + e-mail, or no subscriptions) type of thing? If I'm not retarded and I've interpreted the menu correctly, can this be changed? At least to have the option for e-mail notification? Here's what we have as options on a couple other forums I'm on:

Default Thread Subscription Mode:
    "When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread."
    Do not subscribe
    No e-mail notificaiton
    Instant e-mail notification
    Daily e-mail notification
    Weekly e-mail notification

The only option I see here is "Automatically subscribe to threads you post in."

Thanks!

Andrew
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    D Prepared Miata

RE: Subscriptions

I haven't received one email notification since I've been a member.

Comment

Do you have subscriptions enabled? Here's what I've got set. Subscriptions disabled because every time someone posted in a thread I'd posted in, I was getting e-mail.
      ~Andrew
      Atlanta Region SCCA
      D Prepared Miata

Comment

Yeah, I've been having the same issue. I can't seem to find any setting to control this either.
        Todd
        '92 Crystal White - STS2...someday.

Comment

I think I just found it. In the Quick Reply box, there's a check box for Email Notification.
          Todd

Comment

I'm having trouble finding notification options at the moment. How has the check box for email notification worked?

Comment

So what you're hoping for is the ability to remain subscribed to your threads in the user control panel without receiving emails notifications every time there's a post?

Comment

Originally posted by MX5ATLanta.com
                I'm having trouble finding notification options at the moment. How has the check box for email notification worked?
                Not sure yet. I think it only works for the thread you're replying to. I just got a notification for this thread, so...

Originally posted by JDM88
                So what you're hoping for is the ability to remain subscribed to your threads in the user control panel without receiving emails notifications every time there's a post?
                Exactly. Posting in a hot thread can fill your inbox rather quickly.
                Todd

Comment

Ok I'll look into it. It should be a simple matter of checking a box somewhere in my options but.... we all know that things are never as easy as they should be!

Comment

It's as easy as making the 'enable notification' checkbox by the quick reply pane un-checked by default. I use the quick reply 90% of the time, and until Tinman posted that I never took a second to see that the e-mail notification checkbox was checked lol
                    ~Andrew
                    Atlanta Region SCCA
                    D Prepared Miata

Comment

:lol: :lol:

Comment

Working...
                      X