Everyone Chill Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone Chill Out

Just got back from England and people are acting crazy. Everyone chill out and enjoy the festive season. If I see another fao/attn/locked thread I'm gonna take some serious action.

I started this place without any rules. I believe in self-moderation and I believe in the good will of people. Unfortunately people seem to be developing cliques and arguments follow. So stop it.

I've put ridiculous amounts of time/effort/money into this place. We need to ATTRACT new members. Not put them off with these childish antics.

I have not even had enough time to review everything that has gone on but if any of this mess continues then there will be issues.

I really expected more from everyone in terms of behaviour. My apologies go out to the casual browsers and new members who have had to put up with this childish behaviour.

Jack

i like pie.

LOL just kidding. i agree 100%. i tried not to be a part of any of it, and any posts i made in the bad threads i tried to stay level headed and not attack anyone personally. my apologies if i did.
    DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

Lol, and my sarcasm kinda got the better of me in the aftermath, my sincere apologies.

Comment

and as a disclaimer, all of my comments were in good fun.
        DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

damn what did i miss

Comment

i can honestly say i dont have a clue what is going on in here.

Comment

Then obviously it worked :)

Comment

Originally posted by leadfoot_mf View Post
                damn what did i miss
                I think it was a few too many IA brain farts... we cool :smackhim:
                Last edited by Synthmob; 01-17-2009, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Bump for friendly reminder!
                  JohnnyC. Mx5atlanta MVP©
                  Every thread I touch....DIES!

Comment

:facepalm:

Originally posted by miata5620
                    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

It's a lot easier to end up in a flame war than it is to abstain from one (and all flame wars are not created equal). It usually starts with a guy who, through no fault of his own, writes something he thinks is clever (clever will always lead to flaming). Then, guy 2 comes along and think someone should point out how not clever the original comment was, and they usually do so by insulting one of the following categories: attractiveness, social standing, genital size, lack of genitals, presence of female genitals, intelligence, knowledge of a particular subject area, earning potential, or some other new from of genital insult. After that guy 1 is so livid that someone would even challenge their posting, so he takes the war of words to an even more childish level. And so begins the flame war. However, like any fire, they usually just burn themselves out. If you gave 10 people a keyboard and internet access at least 7 of them would end up in a war of words with someone they didn't know on the internet. Its human nature, and inevitable in any forum. I say let the arguments happen unless they really cross the line. If you use the internet you expect to see random arguments pop up, so I don't think it would scare away new members unless it really got vile.

Comment

It has been rather vile in the past. And, opposite of your point, some post just to seek out a reaction. "Don't feed the troll" comes to mind.

Originally posted by miata5620
                        Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by lawguy85 View Post
                          It's a lot easier to end up in a flame war than it is to abstain from one (and all flame wars are not created equal). It usually starts with a guy who, through no fault of his own, writes something he thinks is clever (clever will always lead to flaming). Then, guy 2 comes along and think someone should point out how not clever the original comment was, and they usually do so by insulting one of the following categories: attractiveness, social standing, genital size, lack of genitals, presence of female genitals, intelligence, knowledge of a particular subject area, earning potential, or some other new from of genital insult. After that guy 1 is so livid that someone would even challenge their posting, so he takes the war of words to an even more childish level. And so begins the flame war. However, like any fire, they usually just burn themselves out. If you gave 10 people a keyboard and internet access at least 7 of them would end up in a war of words with someone they didn't know on the internet. Its human nature, and inevitable in any forum. I say let the arguments happen unless they really cross the line. If you use the internet you expect to see random arguments pop up, so I don't think it would scare away new members unless it really got vile.
                          lolz..we were good candidates for this one...well not in a while..but anyhow when are you getting your Miata?
                          Originally posted by VERY FLUSH
                          Trust me.my education is far surpass other people

Comment

Originally posted by zoomnorwegianzoom View Post
                            lolz..we were good candidates for this one...well not in a while..but anyhow when are you getting your Miata?
                            Right! In hindsight its like wtf was even about. That's why I say keep it there b/c eventually you move on, and the old comments provide laughs. In the middle of a flame war some funny stuff gets said. Hopefully the Miata is coming in June. My goal was to save so that all at once I could throw on a turbo kit, roll bar, wheels, and a clutch, but at the pace I'm going that would take forever. So now I'm just hoping to have about $5.5k to play around with for a 94-94, roll bar, and wheels.

Comment

****, if you shop smart you could get everything for that, unless the $5.5k includes the car
                              Originally posted by VERY FLUSH
                              Trust me.my education is far surpass other people

Comment

Working...
                              X