Well that was an adventure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was an adventure...

First and foremost, I am not looking for attention with this. I went through it, I was there, It was ****ty, but I'm able to sit here and type this post out. I'm thankful for that. I just wanted to bring attention to a situation that happened. I've been going through the motions; angry, upset, scared, disturbed, etc. But really at the end of the day, I have the ability to choose what to think. I am in no way giving these *******s a pass, but there is a bigger issue at hand and that is these guys made a decision and its possible this decision was made because their backs were against a wall. Maybe they were trying to put food on the table, maybe it was something else, but everyone has a different upbringing and we have to remember that not everyone is fortunate enough to be brought up the "right way."

Also, this is all I'm gonna discuss on the topic. I've had hundreds of texts and phone calls the last few days and the support and love has been unreal. I've also a handful of people who ask stupid questions. Don't ask stupid questions about it. It seems some forget that the person you're asking was zip tied and had a gun knocking on the back of their skull. Most thoughts go out the window when that happens.

DECATUR, Ga. - Decatur Police are searching for the masked men who held up five people inside The Pinewood restaurant at gunpoint and zip-tied their hands to steal their belongings and cash.

The ordeal happened shortly before midnight Thursday. Police said a robber confronted a woman employee in the rear of the restaurant and held a weapon to her head, then forced her inside.

Police in their report said the two armed robbers, both men in their 20s wearing black masks and hoodies, zip-tied the five people and stole their bags, phones, and cash from the restaurant. The workers were able to free themselves after the robbers left.
    http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/257334740-story
    sigpic
    No matter how many friends you think you have, the size of your funeral will depend on the weather.
    Originally posted by sharkythesharkdogg
    I don't want some dude's balls on my neck while I'm yelling at some Vietnamese guy.

Sorry to hear.

I was robbed at gunpoint back in college on the street, and it sucked, but on the level of oh ****, it's 1 compared to what happened to you, but I know it was unnerving. Just glad you are safe. Just like after a car wreck, stuff can be replaced, but you being safe and alive is what matters most.
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Oh man.. hate to hear this, must have been truly traumatic. Scary stuff.
      The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
      http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

This is crazy to think about. Glad you're safe! You're having a way different outlook than I would have!
        sigpic

Comment

Jesus. That's scary sh!t right there. Glad you all are ok!
          - Lee -
          '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
          '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

Wow! So glad you and everyone else there are ok. It's just crazy to think about this happening to someone we know.
            '00 Silver Miata

Comment

I saw this on the neighborhood list the next day. Didn't realize you were working there - thought you were in town. Sorry it happened to y'all, it's a terribly violating experience.
              | 90 Miata | Turbocharged Stock Mazda FE-dohc 2.0L engine swap | 302whp 281ftlbs |

Comment

Damn Beast, that's a tough thing man. If you need anything all you gotta do is call.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah. It sucked. And I understand the outlook on it isn't everyone's cup of tea but It's how I feel. No need to stay angry about it.

Appreciate the kind words, guys. It was the best and worst team building exercise I have ever been a part of.
                  sigpic
                  No matter how many friends you think you have, the size of your funeral will depend on the weather.
                  Originally posted by sharkythesharkdogg
                  I don't want some dude's balls on my neck while I'm yelling at some Vietnamese guy.

Comment

I'm glad you're physically "okay", as opposed to what could have happened. Having a gun pointed at you is bad enough, being zip tied and wondering if anybody's gonna get home to feed the goldfish tonight or ever...that's a level of terror I'd only wish on perhaps an ex wife. If you find you're having emotional issues with it, which would be totally understandable and human, I've got the info on the psychologist I worked through my PTSD stuff with. I'm here for you if you ever want to talk about it.
                    Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
                    RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

Originally posted by Beastinthebushes View Post
                      Yeah. It sucked. And I understand the outlook on it isn't everyone's cup of tea but It's how I feel. No need to stay angry about it.

Appreciate the kind words, guys. It was the best and worst team building exercise I have ever been a part of.

Just remember, the outcome could have been a lot worse, and you might not be here to make this soul cleansing post. Everything stolen can be replaced, your life, and the life of your co-workers cannot. Just keep reminding yourselves of that and eventually you'll get past it, not over it, as it is a life altering event, but past it. Hang in there my friend.

Bill S
                      Instead of being part of the problem, why not be a part of a successful solution

Comment

Good to hear no one was physically hurt, particularly you. I managed a pizzeria outside Detroit and we were robbed a couple of times but never bound. Not a good experience. I was also mugged walking to my car coming out of class in Detroit, I used to attend a college in downtown, mostly in the evening during the same time. I've been jumped a couple times growing up there, fortunate to escape dangerous injuries, despite even being shot at. It's something best not internalize. Like all experiences, good or bad, you still have some control how you want it to shape you and how you live.

Comment

So glad you are okay. What an awful, terrifying experience.
                          sigpic

Comment

dude that ****ing sucks, glad everyone is ok. really hope they catch them.
                            1997 mx-5

Comment

Damn, that really was an adventure. Thankfully all they wanted was valuables. The next crazy experience you have will probably seem dull in comparison. I admire your outlook on this, if it were me that went through that scenario I'd likely be much more shortsighted and angry.
                              2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
                              2017 NV3500

Comment

Working...
                              X