Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nissan's SynchroRev Match

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nissan's SynchroRev Match

    I was just reading in a Motor Trend magazine I received at work that the new 370Z will have what they call SycnhroRev Match which will automatically blip the throttle on downshifts in the manual gearbox.

    I think it kinda takes away from all the fun. How accurate will it be? How will it
    know which gear the driver will choose?

    What are your thoughts on this?

  • #2
    Too many drivers aids make me feel like I am less engaged with car/road. I don't think I like it. I am not a big 350 fan anyway. The 370 looks a little better but I think they had it right with the original 240.
    2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

    Comment


    • #3
      I think it's a perfect example of cars becoming too smart and taking away from the actual skill and experience of driving. This basically allows people that don't know squat about driving the ability to buy good times on the track.
      On the other hand, it's a cool technology and props to Nissan for developing it. Hopefully it doesn't cause the trans. to break. :lol:

      Originally posted by miata5620
      Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

      Comment


      • #4
        guess what the sequential boxes in most high-level race cars have been doing for years now (ALMS, Rolex Sports Car, SWC, etc). Ever listen to a GT2 Porsche (as opposed to a Porsche GT2 LOL) downshifting coming through the Esses or the turn 10 complex @ Road Atlanta?
        ~Andrew
        Atlanta Region SCCA
        D Prepared Miata

        Comment


        • #5
          Agreed. I guess the thing you can say about it is that it won't have much affect on average street driving so they seem to be thinking more about track duty. I guess time will tell if they measure up.
          2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

          Comment


          • #6
            Now EVERY 370Z owner will think they are the gods of driving. :(

            Comment


            • #7
              Unlike all the rest of the drivers.:lol:
              2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

              Comment


              • #8
                I bet it'll be based on brake pedal application and speed sensors.

                Still, Nissan seems to be goign to far with making over-complicated transmissions.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MeFryRice View Post
                  I was just reading in a Motor Trend magazine I received at work that the new 370Z will have what they call SycnhroRev Match which will automatically blip the throttle on downshifts in the manual gearbox.

                  I think it kinda takes away from all the fun. How accurate will it be? How will it
                  know which gear the driver will choose?

                  What are your thoughts on this?
                  Originally posted by amaff View Post
                  guess what the sequential boxes in most high-level race cars have been doing for years now (ALMS, Rolex Sports Car, SWC, etc). Ever listen to a GT2 Porsche (as opposed to a Porsche GT2 LOL) downshifting coming through the Esses or the turn 10 complex @ Road Atlanta?
                  Originally posted by MeFryRice View Post
                  Now EVERY 370Z owner will think they are the gods of driving. :(

                  I agree in that it does take a lot away from the driver, and also the sequential boxes in high end race cars(which get rebuilt much more often than a street trans) have to go through every gear when up and down shifting unlike a 370 where you could go 5-3-2 or something like that, unless somehow the car forces the driver to hit every gear downshifting, which would annoy me. Still props to nissan for a good idea and it will be interesting to see how reliable and good it works. As for mefryrice, if this causes them to think they are gods then what do they consider themselves now? haha
                  '95 w/ now finished '99 swap, kyb agx's, flyin miata springs, sway bars, roll bar and more to come...sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by amaff View Post
                    guess what the sequential boxes in most high-level race cars have been doing for years now (ALMS, Rolex Sports Car, SWC, etc). Ever listen to a GT2 Porsche (as opposed to a Porsche GT2 LOL) downshifting coming through the Esses or the turn 10 complex @ Road Atlanta?
                    TOTALLY different lolol...those are sequential.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
                      TOTALLY different lolol...those are sequential.
                      yeah... I said that...


                      In any case, I'm interested to see how it's applied before knocking it completely.


                      And I agree with Frohawk... complex transmissions are just asking for really expensive trouble down the road.
                      Last edited by amaff; 12-08-2008, 02:50 PM.
                      ~Andrew
                      Atlanta Region SCCA
                      D Prepared Miata

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah I know I meant like in these days they don't use the clutch so it electronically blips just like any type of paddleshift tranny in a street car. I know you know this though lol. Didn't mean to sound like a dick.

                        I can't wait to drive one of these new Nissan's though. It sounds like a disaster.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think the car itself is hideous. I'm not a fan of their new image that they've obtained.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MeFryRice View Post
                            I think the car itself is hideous. I'm not a fan of their new image that they've obtained.
                            I'm not going to lie... if they were going for a more 240Z type look, they failed miserably. It's pretty ugly.
                            ~Andrew
                            Atlanta Region SCCA
                            D Prepared Miata

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i feel a massive recall coming on.

                              lol:lol:
                              "keep drifting fun......or else..." --Andy Sapp

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X