Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iphone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Iphone

    So short version is I going to get an older iphone but someone got to it first which started making me wonder about the new 3g versions. So since my At&t account has been available for an upgrade and my family was talking about going paying for part or all of the new 8g iphone, I was wondering what others opinions of the phone are.

    So basically..

    do you own one, or have you used one
    what did you like, what did you dislike.
    would you get one.

    thanks.
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

  • #2
    I love my Touch, which is far from the phone, but I'm sure I'd like the phone too. It seems that most peoples problems lie with AT&T and not the iPhone, except for battery life. I remember calling my buddy, his iPhone had a full signal and was sitting next to me, and it was ringing in my ear, but not on the phone. He upgraded when the new version of the phone came out and really seemed to like it a lot more.

    Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

    Comment


    • #3
      a phone is a phone and that's all you should need it to, so if i want internet access and directions i'll get it before i leave my house.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
        I love my Touch, which is far from the phone, but I'm sure I'd like the phone too. It seems that most peoples problems lie with AT&T and not the iPhone, except for battery life. I remember calling my buddy, his iPhone had a full signal and was sitting next to me, and it was ringing in my ear, but not on the phone. He upgraded when the new version of the phone came out and really seemed to like it a lot more.
        yea I remembered you had the touch. I have heard the new 3g help to fix the signal problem.

        I can't remember and I am going to have to look real quick. I remember hearing about phones using local wi-fi to help in areas of weak signal... I want to say it was refered to as edge but I could be wrong.
        1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
        2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

        Comment


        • #5
          Is your family currently on a family plan? If so, the iPhone will need to be on it's own plan.

          I currently have the 3G iPhone and really like it. I gave Sawyer my 2G iPhone and she seems to be happy with it. Although I must admit, both of ours are jailbroken. :)

          If e-mails are important to you, stick with a Blackberry. Although the phone will "push" the messages to you, it's not instantaneous like a BB.

          The only gripe I have about the phone is it doesn't have MMS capabilities.

          Any questions you have specific that you would like me to answer?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wildfire0310 View Post
            yea I remembered you had the touch. I have heard the new 3g help to fix the signal problem.

            I can't remember and I am going to have to look real quick. I remember hearing about phones using local wi-fi to help in areas of weak signal... I want to say it was refered to as edge but I could be wrong.
            Edge is just the rate of speed for the internet, has nothing to do with the signal.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MeFryRice View Post
              Is your family currently on a family plan? If so, the iPhone will need to be on it's own plan.

              I currently have the 3G iPhone and really like it. I gave Sawyer my 2G iPhone and she seems to be happy with it. Although I must admit, both of ours are jailbroken. :)

              If e-mails are important to you, stick with a Blackberry. Although the phone will "push" the messages to you, it's not instantaneous like a BB.

              The only gripe I have about the phone is it doesn't have MMS capabilities.

              Any questions you have specific that you would like me to answer?

              I am currently on my own plan with at&t so I don't have to worry about either of those problems.

              I am not worried about the whole e-mail, as for the internet it is more to search forums when I am sitting and killing time.

              So with the lack of MMS, how have you gotten around this issue? Also so you can still send and receive basic text messages?
              1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
              2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

              Comment


              • #8
                You can still send and receive text messages, just not pictures. In order to send a pic, you have to do it via e-mail; ex: [email protected] (this is only an example).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MeFryRice View Post
                  You can still send and receive text messages, just not pictures. In order to send a pic, you have to do it via e-mail; ex: [email protected] (this is only an example).

                  Have you had an signal issues cause I have heard of people having issues but then my old At&t won't get signal at my old school but my buddies old 2g iphone would get signal.

                  Thanks
                  1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                  2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ugh, this is debatable due to the AT&T. I honestly wouldn't worry about the signal with either 2G or 3G iPhones. If you do get the 3G, make sure you update to firmware 2.1 as you'll get a lot better battery life. :)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MeFryRice View Post
                      Ugh, this is debatable due to the AT&T. I honestly wouldn't worry about the signal with either 2G or 3G iPhones. If you do get the 3G, make sure you update to firmware 2.1 as you'll get a lot better battery life. :)

                      Cool. tomorrow I will run by the at&t store and look into everything.

                      Thanks
                      1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                      2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You might look for one these too.... :D
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ^^ I haven't seen that in a while!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by metalman View Post
                            You might look for one these too.... :D
                            haha, I have never seen that before.
                            1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                            2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              iEverything!!!

                              Originally posted by miata5620
                              Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X