Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Prices

Everyday when I get out of work, gas prices have fallen. Today it is $2.17 per gallon at the places that are usually the most expensive, and $2.15 at the cheaper places. This of course is for regular.
    Think we'll see gas for less than $2.00/gallon?
    I hope so, but I think OPEC will cut production AGAIN if it gets too close.
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%
    I'm not sure
    0.00%

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

RE: Gas Prices

Yep I agree with you. It would be insane to pay 1.xx for gas, wouldn't feel right.

Comment

Opec's not going to cut production. We're not their only market, and, well, they like money. No oil flowing out = no oil coming in, it's that simple. In a lot of those countries, oil IS the economy.
      ~Andrew
      Atlanta Region SCCA
      D Prepared Miata

Comment

It just seems too good to be true at the moment. I really hope the push for alternative fuels continues and people don't get lured into a feeling of false security again.

Comment

It will fall a little more before the election, but I'm not expecting to see <$2/gal. It's $2.24 or so for a gal of regular around here today.
          DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
          | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
          | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

I vote yes. As long as the American public keeps getting rid of the gas pig suv and the media keeps scaring everyone into gas saver cars.

This is one area where I think the gov actually needs to get involved

There is no reason for the general public to drive the gas guzzler 5000+ lb trucks. If you think you need to drive one of these than you should be willing to pay a tax every year, either fed or state w/ registration to offset the cost of the gas that feeds these giant pigs. Cars could be taxed on either MPG or by vehicle weight, if you are a business that requires this vehicle than you could be eligible for a tax credit for your business.

Sorry for the rant, but I just can't stand the 100 lb. soccer mom on the phone driving a 20 foot long 6000lb. truck with 1.6 kids in the thing. I grew up in cars my family never felt it necessary to have a giant truck to tote our crap around.

I went to a dealership with a buddy of mine a few months back to help him with the purchase of a not so mini van. Could not believe the amount of crap that his wife felt necessary to tote around everywhere for two small kids.

alright done with the rant...I feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by amaff
              Opec's not going to cut production. We're not their only market, and, well, they like money. No oil flowing out = no oil coming in, it's that simple. In a lot of those countries, oil IS the economy.
              You do realize they already did. That's why I emphasized the AGAIN. They cut 1,500,000 barrels per day on the 24th. Although it had no effect on the prices. They just keep falling.

Nice rant. Very true. However, some cars are already penalized against their MPG.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Nice rant. Very true. However, some cars are already penalized against their MPG.
                I know that there is a gas guzzler tax, but I don't think it is enough to tax a pig at time of purchase that someone can pay over 3-5 years. Over the life of the loan no one even realizes that they are paying 5-10 bucks a month more. If you hit them every year at the time of registration in one lump sum it will hurt a bit more.

It would just be nice for we as Americans to take some responsibility.

done ranting again....still feel better:)[/quote]

Comment

:lol: Just let it all out...

Comment

I said my peace, I'm done.:(

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soccer+moms

really I'm done

Comment

Gas guzzler tax does not apply to trucks...which is pure bull****.

"SUVs are not subject to the Gas Guzzler Tax. When the law was first enacted in 1978, SUVs and light trucks represented less than 25% of the vehicles on the road, and were considered primarily work vehicles. Over the last three decades, the use of SUVs has substantially changed, but the law hasn't. Here's a quote from Senate Report 109-082 "Highway Reauthorization and Excise Tax Simplification Act of 2005":" trucks) are exempt. These vehicles include those designed to transport property on an open bed (e.g., pick-up trucks) or provide greater cargo-carrying than passenger carrying volume including the expanded cargo-carrying space created through the removal of readily detachable seats (e.g., pick-up trucks, vans, and most minivans, sports utility vehicles and station wagons). Additional vehicles that meet the `non-passenger' requirements are those with at least four of the following characteristics: (1) an angle of approach of not less than 28 degrees; (2) a breakover angle of not less than 14 degrees; (3) a departure angle of not less than 20 degrees; (4) a running clearance of not less than 20 centimeters; and (5) front and rear axle clearances of not less than 18 centimeters each. These vehicles would include many sports utility vehicles."

**** Congress, EPA, and who ever else is in charge of revising and drafting vehicle code laws for not catching up with this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5ATLanta.com
                        It just seems too good to be true at the moment. I really hope the push for alternative fuels continues and people don't get lured into a feeling of false security again.
                        Yep, thats my only fear with the gas prices going lower, people start getting complacent about it again. I NEVER want to experience what we dealt with a few weeks ago after the hurricanes. My next car, at a minimum, better be a hybrid sports car, if not fully electric....

Comment

Originally posted by adjake
                          I vote yes. As long as the American public keeps getting rid of the gas pig suv and the media keeps scaring everyone into gas saver cars.

This is one area where I think the gov actually needs to get involved

There is no reason for the general public to drive the gas guzzler 5000+ lb trucks. If you think you need to drive one of these than you should be willing to pay a tax every year, either fed or state w/ registration to offset the cost of the gas that feeds these giant pigs. Cars could be taxed on either MPG or by vehicle weight, if you are a business that requires this vehicle than you could be eligible for a tax credit for your business.

Sorry for the rant, but I just can't stand the 100 lb. soccer mom on the phone driving a 20 foot long 6000lb. truck with 1.6 kids in the thing. I grew up in cars my family never felt it necessary to have a giant truck to tote our crap around.

I went to a dealership with a buddy of mine a few months back to help him with the purchase of a not so mini van. Could not believe the amount of crap that his wife felt necessary to tote around everywhere for two small kids.

alright done with the rant...I feel better.

quit wishing the government will get involved with personal decisions.
                          The market will sort out the SUV issue.
                          How would you like it if the government decided that two seats was impractical or convertibles should be banned.
                          Its bad enough that we have the government deciding we are too stupid to know that we have airbags in our cars so we have to live with ugly stickers every where to inform us of the obvious.
                          sigpicLance
                          2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
                          2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
                          1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

Comment

Not really wishing that the gov gets involved with more mandates, taxes on pigs yes.

Unfortunately it will take gov involvement to invest in alternative fuels. The only companies with enough cash to invest in real world alternative fuels are the oil companies themselves. Kinda counterproductive!

Anyone hear the latest 3rd qtr oil profits. Exxon Mobil $14.8 BILLION. That is for ONE company in ONE quarter:butt:

Comment

It's possible that gas will get below $2/gal in some places, but it will definitely not stay that low. Whether OPEC cuts more production or not, and whether or not the US finds a way to buy less foreign oil, the fact remains that China and India will buy up anything we don't. That will increasingly become more important as they become more developed and larger in population. They already account for almost 1/3 of the world's population.

My point is, the demand for oil is only going up. So enjoy these low prices while they last.
                              1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

Working...
                              X