A sad day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad day...

I know others here arent into the '******baggery' that often goes on Import Atlanta...but anytime someone has to let a loved one go at a young age its rather sad. Brett's wife Leisa, age 41, well known on that forum, is being taken off life support today after suffering a stroke. I dont know them other then from that forum but I feel for the family.

AS MANY KNOW BRETTS WIFE LEISA HAS PASSED AWAY. IN OBSERVANCE OF LEISA’S PASSING, IA WILL BE DOWN FOR A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR OUR FRIENDS. PLEASE SEE FORUMS FOR MORE INFO ON LEISA – WIFE, MOTHER, AND FRIEND TO US ALL. PLEASE KEEP BRETT AND LEISA IN YOUR THOUGHTS
    sigpic

RE: A sad day...

Very sad, I have been thinking about her all day, and especially Brett in these past few minutes. I cannot even imagine. :(

Comment

I don't know them personally but things like this really make you think about the shortness of our time on Earth and how suddenly we can leave.

My aunt had a stroke a few weeks ago and she pulled though but her husband was terribly shaken. I cannot even imagine how awful it must be to not have that outcome.
      2005 Black Mica Mazdaspeed MX-5 - FM Intake - Enthuza Midpipe and Exhaust - FM DP - Hallman MBC - Upgraded Intercooler - Hard Dog Roll Bar - Volk TE37 - and then some...
      sigpic

Comment

That is terrible. I know Brett via S2KAtlanta. Sad to see someone go at such a young age. :(

My grandfather had a stroke a couple years ago and it definitely makes you realize how fast life can go by at any given moment.

Comment

Rest in peace. It's really sad to see anyone so young pass away.

Comment

That's sad. I don't go to IA at all, bu my prayers go out to the family.

Originally posted by miata5620
            Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

After reading through the whole thread, it brought tears to my eyes and for those that know me, I rarely cry. I couldn't even imagine being in Brett's position right now.

Comment

Link to said thread.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198237

Comment

There are several threads...

Guys, tonight Leisa was moved back to Northside due to she developed a staff infection in her blood which they think now has consumed her body. She has a 103 degree fever and they are pretty sure she has no brain activity and the neurologist will be in tomorrow to run a few tests to confirm it, but most things are showing this is the case.

At this point this means she is alive in the ventilator but she is gone. Within the next day or two I will have to ask them to turn off the ventilator and hol dher in my arms so she is not alone when she takes her last breath, which since she has no brain activity she wouldnt last minutes.

I am trying to understand why her, why are we all left to live a life without her. She has touched my life and so many lives and I wish I could tell you all the prayers worked, but my baby just wasnt strong enough and I think the first few nights she put up the fight of her life but that wore her down and she just didnt have anything left to give.

The only thing that I find very odd is this morning I woke up around 5am, and then fell back asleep and I then had a dream that I was walking with her in a building somewhere and she was telling me she was okay, that she is all better now and is fine. Then this all happens today, I in my heart believe that was Leisa who came to me and told me she is okay now and she knew I would tell everyone what she said. So if they confirm tomorrow that she is brain dead, I will per her wish I will let her go tomorrow night or Wednesday.

Please pray she has no more pain and that we all can make it through this. - Brett
                    Those of you who know my wife Leisa know how she puts everyone, even me in front of her needs or wants every time. She is the most genuine person I have ever met. I am who I am today because of how she has changed me over the past 10 years. She made me want to be a better person every day. Leisa made me want to be a better man. I love her SO much, and I just dont know what my life will be like once she is gone.

I wear her ring and my ring around my neck so they are together touching as if we were holding hands and this way its against my heart - Brett
                    Today the Dr. will come in and confirm what they think, and then this evening or tomorrow morning I will have to decide to have her ventilator turned off. I am thankful god is allowing me to have a chance to have her in my arms when she passes, so I then know she wasnt alone, and she was never alone. I love her so much and facing a life without her smile, her voice, her comforting ways will be a true test of me.

Thank you all though for the words, I cried reading every line. I will keep you updated.
                    -Brett
                    They have confirmed. Leisa is Brain Dead. So somehow I will have to try and figure out a funeral home, etc today so tonight I can take her off life support and give her the peace she deserves.
                    -Brett
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting that Kurt. IA is restricted here.

That is indeed sad, I can't imagine........

Comment

You have to read the whole thread to get the full effect.

Comment

I got enough of it from just those quotes...

Comment

That's really terrible. I feel so sorry for him, it makes all of life's little problems seem so insignificant.

Comment

It's very sad :( I met Brett and Leisa and talked to them at various car shows and stuff over the years and clearly remember all of their rather interesting banter on IA. I hope all is well for Brett and that he stays strong through everything

Comment

Working...
                              X