Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm roll call

How did everyone fair?

Lost power here for maybe 30secs. Just long enough to make me reset all the clocks, but otherwise North Cumming faired well.

Everyone else free and clear. I am looking at you Rob, no trees fell on your garage again right?
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

We made it through fine in Dunwoody. I didn't see any trees down, just a bunch of branches and debris. The power barely flickered several times, but not enough to have to reset clocks or anything. I never lost power or internet.

I'm sure others had it bad as I saw reports of some nasty stuff. Hopefully everyone is ok.
    CaveRacing
    Lives On MX5Atlanta.com
    Last edited by CaveRacing; 09-12-2017, 08:46 AM.
    - Lee -
    '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
    '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

A non event in west roswell.
      92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG, '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Comment

Lost power for 1.5 hr and without cable/internet as of this morning. No fallen trees or anything exciting to talk about.
        sigpic

Comment

The only thing at my house all weekend was a small leak that dripped down on my wired garage door button and opened the door at 3am this morning. I thought we had an intruder so I go down and found the light was out on the switch. I closed the door with the remote in my car since the switch no longer worked and attempted to go back to sleep. About an hour later it opens again only this time it goes up and down until I can get down there and unplug the opener. I unscrewed the switch and water dripped out of it. By this time I am so annoyed there was no going back to sleep.:banghead:-

Sorry just had to vent a bit.
          2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

Comment

All cool in my neighborhood. We camped out in the basement just in case there were any falling trees. I rode out the storm by organizing the garage and taking on a few iRacing sessions.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickt93 View Post
              All cool in my neighborhood. We camped out in the basement just in case there were any falling trees. I rode out the storm by organizing the garage and taking on a few iRacing sessions.
              Man I wanted to do stuff like that, but had to load up my workshop with kids toys and new trees. Mix that in with losing the internet and I couldn't even play video games :( Such a hard life, I had to spend time with the family... :P

Glad it sounds like for the most part everyone so far has been good.
              1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
              2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Ded.

Not really. Storm was a non event. Some leaves were blown around.
                Chris and Lola

Comment

Our power went out at 5 pm and just came back on. Off of Coleman Rd in Roswell.......

Comment

Pretty benign in Alpharetta - a few power flickers, lots of wind but nothing unreal. Glad everyone seems to have made it through unscathed.

Comment

Blessed and OK in Suwanee. Neighbors lost a big tree but no house damage.
                      David Luney - Suwanee GA
                      [email protected]
                      04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

Never lost power in over in Reynoldstown. Most of the city shut down so I just stayed home and watched movies.
                        sigpic
                        No matter how many friends you think you have, the size of your funeral will depend on the weather.
                        Originally posted by sharkythesharkdogg
                        I don't want some dude's balls on my neck while I'm yelling at some Vietnamese guy.

Comment

We lost power from ten pm, to 5:30 am. We lost a half dozen hundred year old oak trees on my street. City of Atlanta crews having been working all night with bucket trucks to try and reopen the street. Half my neighborhood looks to be without electricity for another few days. We were quite fortunate, as a couple of the big trees, had they fallen towards our house, would have really done a lot of damage. I'm talking 80-100 ft tall oaks with trunks it would take three men's wingspans to circle... right now I'm just glad everyone is alright. Don't forget drainage is an issue during normal thunderstorms in Atlanta, that puddle may be a lot deeper than you think!
                          Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
                          RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

Power went out from 9:00 until 1am. Lots of branches and tree leaves everywhere but other than that, North Forsyth County faired ok.
                            Car is being parted out! :baller:
                            1993 Turbo Build

Comment

Power flickers and temporary outages down here yesterday but back to normal this morning. Lots of branches and a ton of leaves in the street, saw remnants of a few trees having gone down across the road, but that seems to be about it.

Originally posted by miata5620
                              Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Working...
                              X