mazda6s wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mazda6s wagon?

Anyone ever own or drive one of these? FWD, duratec v6, and a stick. Not too many of them around, but it sounds fun and is much cheaper than the legacy&outback turbo wagons I'm shopping for.
    2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
    2017 NV3500

Only driven the sedan as a rental.

The cars are alright, can be a little coarse (4cyl). The pricing is right, but I don't know how well the V6 holds up. It was my dark horse candidate when I shopped for wagons. The Lexus is300 and e46 manual trans wagon was higher up the list. A 525 or 528iT e39 is also worth considering, in a manual.

Comment

Is there an awd 5 series wagon with a stick?
      2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
      2017 NV3500

Comment

No. *edited, sorry missed the AWD part*

Stick with the RWD for less problems.
        525iT & 528iT
        Last edited by kung fu jesus; 06-22-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Raleigh, 1 owner:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...odelCode1=325I

Comment

The 528it is a bit rare. This one is in Winston Salem. If I were looking for one, this is what I'd be calling on:

https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/6145285187.html

Comment

While I can't speak to the wagon or the manual, I have an '04 6s atx with the sport pkg that I've owned since new - August 2004. It currently has 187k miles and has been a fantastic car. I almost traded it last year, but only because I had the bug to buy something. This car has been nothing short of stellar. I've changed the oil every 5k (without fail) and performed other routine maintenance on my own schedule. I've not had much really go wrong with it. It needed a new radiator at 150k, new front struts recently (one was leaking), and new coil packs around 170k. One was bad, but my research found they don't normally last beyond 100k miles, so I replaced them all.

It does eat front brake rotors, but I had pads done at the dealer, so I never have to pay for those again. I pay to turn the rotors (or replace) and get new pads for $0. It also eats batteries. I have no idea why, but every other summer the battery needs to be replaced. The longest a battery has lasted in this car was just over 3 years. This, too, is done under warranty. In fact, I just got a new one a couple of weeks ago from the dealer for $0. I have no idea if there's a drain on it or what, but that's that.

Oh, the headliner is sagging, but that's getting replaced within the next few weeks.

I dont know know if I'll ever get rid of this car. I love it.
              - Lee -
              '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
              '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

I believe the wagon only came to the US with an auto, unfortunately. The hatch could be had with either motor and either transmission. That four cylinder isn't a bad motor, honestly either - and both are reliable.
                '95 Laguna

Comment

The wagon only comes with a v6, unfortunately.
                  2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Originally posted by iamiata View Post
                    I believe the wagon only came to the US with an auto, unfortunately. The hatch could be had with either motor and either transmission. That four cylinder isn't a bad motor, honestly either - and both are reliable.
                    Nah, the wagon could be had in a manual. It just wasn't very common.
                    - Lee -

Comment

Maybe it was the v6 that I was thinking of then. I remember driving them often since I worked at a Mazda dealer back then, and thinking the 5 door, 4cly manual was the best of the bunch.
                      '95 Laguna

Comment

Might as well get a Speed3.
                        David Luney - Suwanee GA
                        [email protected]
                        04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

Thanks for chiming in Lee, just what I was looking for! As luck would have it, a dealer in marietta has what looks to be a decent mazda 6s wagon with the manual. The headliner is sagging, but that seems to be the norm with these. As the price is pretty much half what I was budgeting I'm hoping to check it out this weekend. I'm really wanting another turbo subaru, but I feel I'd be crazy for not at least test driving this wagon, especially given how few seem to be around.

That BMW kungfu linked looks awesome, I'd feel guilty for getting that knowing whichever vehicle I get is going to take a beating on a regular basis. Monthly off-road kayaking excursions, dog and kid transport, tons of stuff in and out of the back, city driving and long road trips. It will likely not be in the garage either, since it's a bit too long to comfortably get around.

What I really need is something which is cosmetically already abused, but otherwise in excellent/reliable condition with lots left to give. Of course also fun to drive and not a slug with a worn out chassis.

David, the "compact" hatches and wagons just don't have the rear cargo capacity I'm looking for.

Here's the 6 I'll hopefully check out this weekend:

http://www.grandmotorcars.com/detail...-16476660.html
                          Last edited by eyeballs; 06-23-2017, 08:01 AM.
                          2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
                          2017 NV3500

Comment

That one looks pretty good! Great color, too.

A couple of quick things that I noticed: The left dial for the AC controls appears to not be lit. Mine did the same thing and I replaced the bulbs with LEDs. Those have since burned out, so I need to do it again. Also, the display at the top of the center stack appears to be a little wonky.

Otherwise, this car is definitely worth a look! Good luck!
                            - Lee -

Comment

Do you know if those center stack display units are easily swapped out?
                              2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
                              2017 NV3500

Comment

Working...
                              X