Ramble about anything in here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramble about anything in here...

We need a thread where we can just shoot the poop about anything and everything.....

In reference to another thread on here I want to make a comment on drivers. I am all about raising the driving limit and making the driving test harder. We need to have driver's ed mandatory regardless of what age if you've never had a license before.

RE: Ramble about anything in here...

I agree! Which is why I'm writing an English paper on it!
    2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
    2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

And retesting as people age. Passing one test when you're 16 doesn't mean you'll be a good driver 10, 20, 30 years from then. Besides, I know so many people who took 2 or 3 tries to pass their driving test.

I love old people but I don't like it when they run people over because they really should not be on the road. I know it's hard to depend on others but sometimes you just have to.
      2005 Black Mica Mazdaspeed MX-5 - FM Intake - Enthuza Midpipe and Exhaust - FM DP - Hallman MBC - Upgraded Intercooler - Hard Dog Roll Bar - Volk TE37 - and then some...
      sigpic

Comment

I forgot where it was but my mom told me that she just read in the paper that some state just passed a law that you can't drive a car if you're over the age of 70.
        2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
        2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

Originally posted by JennB
          And retesting as people age. Passing one test when you're 16 doesn't mean you'll be a good driver 10, 20, 30 years from then. Besides, I know so many people who took 2 or 3 tries to pass their driving test.

I love old people but I don't like it when they run people over because they really should not be on the road. I know it's hard to depend on others but sometimes you just have to.
          They should consider doing something like this, for each time you have to renew your license, you also have to take your exam again. I know that sounds retarded but I think it will keep a lot of people off the road that shouldn't be, especially senior citizens.

I also believe that the cost of your driver's license should be higher, to show people that it's a privilege to drive and a right.

Comment

I've been saying for awhile now, that there should be a special license for people with large trucks and SUVs (Expedition,Tahoe, F350,H1,H2,Escalade, Sequoia, Titan, Armada, Avalanche, Suburban..basically anything over 5000lb or over xx" wheelbase). Just because someone can pass a driving test in a Focus doesn't mean they can drive a LWB truck/SUV. And that taxes/insurance should be higher.

Comment

Exactly. I'm so sick of seeing people park improperly (crossing into my space).

Comment

I agree to all above points for sure!

Originally posted by miata5620
                Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2008/09/10/panhandling_atlanta_meters.html?cxntlid=homepage_t ab_newstab

So... let's get this straight... instead of putting that $40,000 to good use with current homeless shelters and other programs that make a difference, they buy five 'donation meters'. We're firing Fire Fighters, but we have the money (taken from some really random places...) to put these things in. And how the hell does it make sense to spend that $40K on FIVE meters? FIVE!? Really? 8 grand a pop? I wonder how long it'll take for those to simply make that 40 grand back... morons...

My favorite is the poll they have on the side bar on the left:
                  Would you be more likely to give money to a donation meter or to a panhandler?
                  -Donation meter
                  -Panhandler

That's as good a survey as asking somone if they would rather a) eat cheerios for breakfast, or b) eat nails for breakfast. It doesn't make sense. How about a 3rd option of "donate to charitable organizations", or a 4th "No, I'm a stingy bastard" option (really, I am)? <sarcasm> Noooo, I MUCH rather throw change at bums than at a 'donation meter'.</sarcasm> Seriously?

thank you Mayor Franklin *slams head on desk*

/rant...
                  ~Andrew
                  Atlanta Region SCCA
                  D Prepared Miata

Comment

LOL...Mayor Franklin is genius!!!
                    The only bums I ever have given $ to are the ones that hold up signs
                    asking for money to buy beer. :D
                    sigpic

Comment

We just need some common sense implemented on the driving system. Harder tests, more restrictions, different license classes, different speeding fines for different classes, more tests, more enforcement over bad driving rather than simple speeding. Just copy Germany. American's are inherently bad drivers, they just haven't been trained or brought up with enough respect.

Comment

As for cell phones while driving, it should be illegal unless you have a headset. Today I saw a great example of it, girl on her cell phone is making a left turn with her phone between her head and shoulder, drink in the other hand and then she gets honked at by her friend in another suv sitting at the red light she just passed. AND this ****er was on the phone too and drinking!

Unbelievable.

Comment

I agree that the test should be harder, similar to the CDL test.

I am also 100% in favor of banning handheld cell phones while driving AND I hope that they don't drop the cell phone ban on airplanes. How freakin annoying would that be?

Final issue: smokers who flick their butts out the window of cars and/or drop thenm on the ground... stop littering, damn it.
                          1995 Triple Black Miata

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer
                            I forgot where it was but my mom told me that she just read in the paper that some state just passed a law that you can't drive a car if you're over the age of 70.
                            I'll personally sign an exemption for Paul Newman - if you can keep your racing license current, you can have the road however old you are. But if you can't see over your steering wheel or remember why you were going to the store once you get there, then sorry gramps, it's time to call a taxi.
                            '99 Miata w/ AVO Turbo, '99 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by metalman
                              LOL...Mayor Franklin is genius!!!
                              The only bums I ever have given $ to are the ones that hold up signs
                              asking for money to buy beer. :D
                              Step 1: Donation Boxes
                              Step 2: ?
                              Step 3: Profit!!!!
                              ~Andrew
                              Atlanta Region SCCA
                              D Prepared Miata

Comment

Working...
                              X