Cell Phone suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone suggestions

I've got a Samsung BlackJack that's served me very well but has recently been causing me some issues with sending/receiving texts and phone calls. I might just go with a big factory reset and update to Windows Mobile 6 but I always like looking at new phones too. Anyone got anything they want to share?

I like the samsung i760 but unfortunately it's a verizon style phone.

RE: Cell Phone suggestions

MeFryRice is the man with all the answers...
    2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
    2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

PM me if you want my number. I'll be more then happy then go through all the different phones and carriers.

Comment

Well are there any good gsm phones with wifi on the market at the moment? I'm not a huge fan of the iphone. I've always had a massive soft spot for the Sony Ericsson's on the euro market, the k850i being a really cool phone. The older Sony's also only used to be tri-band rather than quad band, doing all their broadcasting on the T-mobile range.

The N95 seems like a good one, unfortunately it's rather expensive. I used to spend alot of time on howardforums back when I had my L7.

Comment

Bump this up. I need to upgrade but Cingular has a very limited upgrade choice. My main concern is my ****ty signal and by nearly all accounts, the iphone has pimping signal.

Ideally I was planning on the Blackberry 8820 because I read that it would use wifi networks for increased voice coverage. Something that would have been ideal for both my parents home and my own, where AT/T traditionally struggles but we have wifi networks going on. Unfortunately it seems that feature is only offered with T-Mobile.

Why is it all the phones offered on the cingular website are so bland? Would there be a difference in upgrade options if I went to an AT/T dealer?

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the iphone but it does seem to check all the boxes.

Comment

If your contract is over, what about looking at the G-1?

Comment

Originally posted by MX5ATLanta.com
                Why is it all the phones offered on the cingular website are so bland? Would there be a difference in upgrade options if I went to an AT/T dealer?
                Unfortunately, no. The AT&T dealer might have a couple discontinued models that you might like.

About the iPhone, you mentioned that it has "pimping" signal, IMO, it's no better then any other phone that I've owned. I find the PDA's to have a weaker signal/poor battery life due to the capabilities of the phone compared to your "normal" phones; Razr, Krzr, L7, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer
                  We do have names you know.....

Maybe I should make mine something long and complicated and see if you try to reference me by it :lol:

Anyway :)
                  I just got a Samsung a737 and it's pretty nifty so far. I'd always had Motorola phones and thought i'd never get something else, but this one is nice.. and small.

Comment

The a737 is a good phone.

What features are you looking for in a phone Jack?

Comment

I would avoid Windows Mobile if possible.
                      DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                      | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                      | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

^^ I agree 100% but then again, I'm a biased. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelgänger
                          Originally posted by Sawyer
                          We do have names you know.....

Maybe I should make mine something long and complicated and see if you try to reference me by it :lol:
                          Hey leave me alone!
                          I said that back in August, before everyone was on a first name basis!

But on the whole cell phone thing..
                          Since SOMEONE hasn't activated my new IPhone yet, I've had to go back to my old Razr. And I must say, I actually get better service with the Razr..

Comment

Hey punk, you know I've tried getting it to work again. Just jailbreaking/activating 2.1 on the first-gen iPhone isn't exactly as easy. My software keeps crashing right before it completes the custom .ipsw file. :( I will try again for you tonight but I get something in return. ;)

Comment

Haha I just like messing with you!
                              And don't worry... I've definitely got an incentive for you!! :naughty:

Comment

Working...
                              X