who moderates a forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who moderates a forum?

I moderate a couple. Never really had any real issues.
    Until now.

One member started a huge miata part out, took money from lots of people, and before shipping the goods, he murdered his old girlfriend and threw her body in a ditch.

Now a girl is dead, a family is destroyed, and lots of people were ****ed out of their money. I know that the people who did not get their promised goods is no where near as tragic or imporant as the loss of life, but that is the part that directly affects my forum. Please forgive me if that came off as cold, that's not my intention.

WTF do you do or say to the members of your fourm?
    DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
    | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
    | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Holy Crap Ben. That is terrible. Only thing you can do is give everyone the facts. Most will understand and the few that don't just need to get a life.
    2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

Comment

I was just reading that. His going to jail is being taken as either a joke or people are mad that their money is gone. The first is idiocy at it's finest, the second is understandable, but don't drag the loss of money into the death of someone and tie the situation together.

I think what you said when you closed the thread was enough. People who can make a PayPal claim need to do so, and those who can't, well, there's not much they can do except contact the local law enforcement.

Originally posted by miata5620
      Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

je-heesus! I guess to people that got ripped off, the murder seems distant and surreal, but the reality is they're out of varying amounts of money, some probably substantial. Seriously though, that's pretty ******* creepy.
        sigpic

Comment

want to make it more creepy?

a prevailing theory is that he used the forum to source the funds for purchase of the murder weapon.
          DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
          | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
          | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

******* hell. I would get in touch withthe police coberned with the murder and let them know he stole a bunch of money from the forum. Especially if it could have been used for the murder weapon. Maybe try and get the users to find a free consultation with a lawyer. It's not your job, the users need to take action as much as anyone

Comment

First, its tragic that a family lost a loved one to this ******. Life is truly the most precious thing we have.

Second, people must understand when they purchase goods from a private individual on any forum that the forum really is not responsible for ANY of those private transactions. All a forum admin can do is expose/ban the scammers when issues arise and warn people that they do transactions at their own risk.
              Last edited by metalman; 03-02-2009, 07:02 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

As sad as it may be parts where sold and should be distributed as such.

Comment

Originally posted by redrumracer View Post
                  As sad as it may be parts where sold and should be distributed as such.
                  by whom? who would know besides murderer mcgee who has paid for what?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ben91 View Post
                    I moderate a couple. Never really had any real issues.
                    Until now.

One member started a huge miata part out, took money from lots of people, and before shipping the goods, he murdered his old girlfriend and threw her body in a ditch.

Now a girl is dead, a family is destroyed, and lots of people were ****ed out of their money. I know that the people who did not get their promised goods is no where near as tragic or imporant as the loss of life, but that is the part that directly affects my forum. Please forgive me if that came off as cold, that's not my intention.

WTF do you do or say to the members of your fourm?

Are you talking about an mx5-atlanta member???:jawdrop:
                    sigpicLance
                    2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
                    2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
                    1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

Comment

Originally posted by lance View Post
                      Are you talking about an mx5-atlanta member???:jawdrop:
                      No. miataturbo.net
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by N3v View Post
                        by whom? who would know besides murderer mcgee who has paid for what?
                        Well if they have the pm's that were sent between the seller and buyer and also the proof of the transactions then I would think that should be sufficient. Although the best thing I could tell the members is that they have to take there own actions since the sales were not conducted on the forums behalf.

Comment

i just realized this is in texas. that guy is so boned. if it ends up being as open-and-shut of a case as it seems, he'll get the death penalty for sure.
                          sigpic

Comment

OMG thats tragic. I moderate elsewhere and would tell the pissed off members to seek legal action against said murdering ****** bag.
                            91 BRG #3240
                            Have you ever seen a guy driving a Mazda Miata and thought, “man, I wish that was me!”? Neither have I.
                            Aside from the fact that this car screams “I’m fabulous!” from every angle, this car was made for the guy who wants to drive down the coast with his new scarf from Wal Mart flapping in the breeze. If you own a Miata you're one of three things: in the closet, a woman, or a ******bag.

Comment

Wow, that's incredibly bad.

I run a forum ( thereplacements.tk ), for a car club I'm president of but doesn't really exist. Long story! I also moderate on another forum. I couldn't imagine having to deal with that kind of stuff though. First thing I'd do for sure is contact the police though. Once that dude's assets are all seized, it may be possible that those people might get something back from him. It would probably take a civil suit....but as a class action, it might be worth it.
                              1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

Working...
                              X