Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one reason to make sure your garage door opener stays lubricated

you'll save 26.88 from having to buy a replacement :(
    | 90 Miata | Turbocharged Stock Mazda FE-dohc 2.0L engine swap | 302whp 281ftlbs |

the internal gear? failed in mine too at the beginning of the year. I don't see how it could have been lubed.

I bought a new opener. $350. :( :(

The old opener is here if anyone wants it. The gear for it is only $10.
    DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
    | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
    | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

I used to own Genie's, then in my new house I put in a "Chamberlain" they are belt driven and very quite. Worth every penny...and not that many penny's either.
      91 BRG #3240
      Have you ever seen a guy driving a Mazda Miata and thought, “man, I wish that was me!”? Neither have I.
      Aside from the fact that this car screams “I’m fabulous!” from every angle, this car was made for the guy who wants to drive down the coast with his new scarf from Wal Mart flapping in the breeze. If you own a Miata you're one of three things: in the closet, a woman, or a ******bag.

Comment

Quiet.
        ITBs RULE!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!
        I'm using ITBs on stock internals!!
        sigpic
        Chean Chay: they dont have pho in mexico
        Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
        -Ambrose Bierce
        here's the thing. if you disagree with someone's opinion, having better hair does not make you right. it makes you a ******bag.

Comment

Originally posted by ben91 View Post
          The old opener is here if anyone wants it. The gear for it is only $10.
          I might just pick that up if I ever get out that way ;)
          93LE | 9psi | 16g turbo | MSPNP w/ IAT, EBC, vTPS, HR10g | 11"x12"x3" core FMIC
          R-pkg Bilsteins | 300f/220r 2.5" springs | FCM sleeves/perches/mounts/bumps | frame rail reinf.
          4.10 Torsen | 2¼" Maganflow cat & ebay exhaust | Mishimoto rad

Comment

Sears was open so I had to buy the kit given that was the open moment for the repair. It came with a tube of grease, like white lithium, a little thicker. Works like new now - opens and closes. ;)
            | 90 Miata | Turbocharged Stock Mazda FE-dohc 2.0L engine swap | 302whp 281ftlbs |

Comment

You calls yours a garage door opener? I call mine a hole cracker and lube it well when in use.
              If I'm not in the Miata, I'm out dragging my knee.

Comment

Working...
              X