Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Audi TT

Hey Guys:

I've posted this up on a few boards in the area but I figured as roadster guys, you'd digg these photos:

Hey guys:

Today is my wife's birthday, fortunately it is also the same day we picked up her new TT.

She never was into the A3 and my mom is moving to Akin, SC this weekend. So my mom wanted a red Audi. Good news mom, the A3 is all yours!

The TT is fairly entry level. It has the premium package, exclusive line (napa leather and colored) Blue tooth, home link and a few other toys. It is aFWD with the 2.0T. It is rated at 200 crank hp but this same motor in many of the Audi VW products put down 200 at the wheels.

It feels plenty peppy and with the aluminum pannels and chassis this car is lighter than my GTI so it feels a lot more nimble.

RE: My New Audi TT

It is definately better then her last TT, although that had the 3.2 VR6 and the Quattro

Comment

Very smart looking car. Hows it handle/drive?

Comment

I love all of Audi's new lineup. It is so much better then what BMW is bringing to the table to offer. Audi has aggressive lines but the car still maintains class which is nice. I just personally wish their non-S line had more power but I guess if your a true enthusiasts, you'll end up with the S of any model anyways.

The look of the new TT is so much better, although from those pics, her old one was very nice too. How is the handling of the FWD compared to the AWD of the older model? I would assume the steering felt lighter but might not give you the confidence that once was there.

What did you wife not like about the A3? Sawyer told me if she couldn't get her MSM, that was going to be her next choice.

Comment

awesome...just not a automatic type of guy...

great car!
          92 BMW 325is #5 ITR

Dive Motorwerks

Comment

The new TT's are just sex on wheels!
            Oh my god I LLLOOOOVVEEE the A3! As MeFryRice just said, that was my second choice to my MSM!
            2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
            2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

Just looking at this again and god damn that back end is sooo smooth. The styling really is top notch on the latest run of Audi.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments.

For a FWD car it handles very well. The old car was super stiff and flet sluggish to change direction. Grip was unreal but you had to fight it the entire time. The Germans know how to tune a chasis and this new aluminum frame and body pannel set up is great. It is very light on its feat and roll is minimal. It is firm but not uncomfortable. The old car needed more dampening to match the very stiff set up. This car has a great balance of sport and usability. The brakes are fantastic as well.You can modulate the brakes through the entire range of pedal stroke.

the A3 is a great car but my wife wanted a two door. the A3 has a very beautiful interior as well. It is quiet, comfortable and roomy. The S-line and 3.2L versions are rocket ships!

Comment

Working...
                X