Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is for you Jack.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/24/p...car-from-1997/

Prodrive helped make its name – and a whole lot of World Rally Championship fans – with its race prepped, royal blue Subaru Impreza race cars. Now the very first one of them, piloted by no less than the power duo of the late Colin McRae and Nicky Grist, is for sale. Introduced at the Rallye Monte Carlo in 1997, the car is privately owned now and can be yours for £85,000 (about $123,000). While that's a lot for an old Subaru, something tells us that as the years roll by, this car will prove to be a very large bargain.

The 1997 RDH tarmac version of the Subie wears chassis number PRO-WRC-97-001, and now bears the registration number P18 WRC. It has been thoroughly rebuilt by Ireland's McKinstry Motorsport, since no matter how much you like Colin McRae, Pierro Liatti, and Kenneth Erikkson, you probably don't want to deal with the stressed-out pieces of a steed they have ridden hard. If you're interested, Prodrive has all the details, and the pics are below.

that's actually quite a steal of a price.

Comment

Yeah that's cheap as balls.

Comment

Staggering. I would kill for that thing. Speaking of WRC, I've applied for some sort summer internship with them, would be sick to follow the stages with them.

Comment

And all 3 cars racing ;)

Comment

Still better than an oval. ;)

Comment

True, but you know in the years I have been into racing I have only been to a car race at an oval ONCE, for about 10 minutes because it was free lol.

Comment

I wonder how many $millions it cost to build. Imagine showing up to a Rallycross in that thing!

I would do really dirty things to it.
                1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

Screw rallycross I would take it on dirt roads around my house until it was in a tree.

Comment

I go to oval racing its fine. Watch dirt racing in person.
                    '95 w/ now finished '99 swap, kyb agx's, flyin miata springs, sway bars, roll bar and more to come...sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X