Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bmw 2002....... someone talk me out of this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bmw 2002....... someone talk me out of this.

contemplating trading the e30 for a running 2002 that needs some cosmetic love... i KNOW its a bad idea but I CANT RESIST!!!!
    DIE WHITE GIRLS

do it, id assume the repairs only get more expensive with the newer they are.

Comment

nah, the e30 is cheaper to fix than a miata.

but i would imagine that the repairs become quite frequent with age as well...
      DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

the 2002 is a iconic automobile and will hold its value very well. just watch for rust especially around the rear shock towers.
        01 Mica Green, Enthuza muffler, Rota wheels, TEIN springs, RB sways, Big assed stripe that adds 20hp

Comment

Originally posted by jesseealexander View Post
          nah, the e30 is cheaper to fix than a miata.
          um, really? I know a girl with an e36 drift car, that thing is a crazy money pit. $600 flywheels ftl.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by N3v View Post
            um, really? I know a girl with an e36 drift car, that thing is a crazy money pit. $600 flywheels ftl.

you also got to think the difference in the age of an e30 vs e36.

It hard to believe the e30 is cheaper then the miata, but at the same time. Places like MazMart like to buy as many miatas as they can and sell the parts for stupid amounts so that may have to do with it a lot also.

As for the 2002... What year is it. I can't remember the years the bmw 2002's were in production. But remember with any older car you have to worry about weither the PO kept up with the maintance. Why is he selling the car?? Could the car be in need of some TLC?

The nice part about the 2002 as oblio stated, they are kinda rarer and do hold their value better then the e30 will.

If I was you, unless I knew the 2002 was just in stupid great condition and nothing was wrong with it... I would just keep the e30 as you know the e30 is in great condition now that you replace the motor.
            1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
            2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

oh wait. I, like apparently redrumracer, thought he was talking about a 2002 bmw, as in, made in 2001.

yeah nevermind bmw 2002's are one of the most awesome looking cars ever imo. do it. then swap the motor for something with a little more umph.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by N3v View Post
                oh wait. I, like apparently redrumracer, thought he was talking about a 2002 bmw, as in, made in 2001.

yeah nevermind bmw 2002's are one of the most awesome looking cars ever imo. do it. then swap the motor for something with a little more umph.
                don't worry I was thinking the same thing until I was like who would trade a 2002 BMW for an old e30. Then I reread it and notice that if he was talking about a 2002 BMW he left of the model... then I remember BMW's 2002.

Personally I am not a big fan of the old 2002 but I can understand why people like them, similar to the appeal of the old 510 or rx3

Comment

2002's are gorgeous! I would love to have one. But I'm currently on the hunt for an e21.
                  2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
                  2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer View Post
                    2002's are gorgeous! I would love to have one. But I'm currently on the hunt for an e21.
                    e21??

edit:: after a quick google. the e21 doesn't look that bad from the front, but the tail section is lacking. There were a few nice looking ones on google images.

Comment

You'll sink far more money into getting a 2002 properly fixed up ...getting the body retored/rust fixed, fixing the 345897 interior parts that will need replacing, suspension bushings, and so much more. Cool cars... buti'd take something newer with a more solid foundation. Unless you plan on keeping the car for a number of years and doing stuff the right way, i'd stay away...and with they way you flip through cars.. I don't see that happening :lol:

Comment

Yep....2002 = moneypit
                        Restoring/driving classic Bimmers is a hobby best left to rich guys.

E30 'cheaper' then a Miata to fix??? ****. :lol:
                        Miata's dont need wiring harness's!! hehe
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                          Yep....2002 = moneypit
                          Restoring/driving classic Bimmers is a hobby best left to rich guys.

E30 'cheaper' then a Miata to fix??? ****. :lol:
                          Miata's dont need wiring harness's!! hehe
                          E30's really are cheaper then Miatas. They are like Civic pricing.

I say get the 2002. Even if the body needs work and stuff, it'd still look hot with a swap wheels and slammed. I personally like ****ty bodies with power lol.

Comment

i promise e30s are cheaper. mine is the only one with retarded wiring, most of them run VERY well forever and ever. take for example the axles/cv joints. mine cost 51 bucks brand new. last time i checked, miata axles are somewhere in the 150-200 dollar range, even for early model NAs.

i wanna do it but im really scared of the reliability issues of driving an old *** car. then again, the e30 hasnt proved itself to be super reliable...
                            DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

Get another E30 motor and put it in.

Comment

Working...
                              X