Wistful for a Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wistful for a Mustang

I don't know what it is, but every few months or so, I'll get the hankering for that deep rumble, the lumpy idle, the hooligan donuts in parking lots, laughing off Civics and minivans at the stop lights. Then my obsession deepens a bit, and I start researching tubular K-members, lightweight suspension components, rear seat delete, a set of RP-F1s, a lightweight flywheel, a catback exhaust, headers... Then it gets real bad. Full suspension workover, cams, cylinder heads, tuning, stripping weight, and making it look like a V6 instead of a GT. A 99-04 could be cool, but mm, the '05+.... sexy.

Anyone else have this disease?
    Friday nights 7-9 PM, go to www.ksuradio.com and listen to Owl Oldies. Visit our Facebook group for any requests and suggestions. Classic Kevin - 60s and 70s on OWL Radio

Not really since the only mustangs I would ever want to own are the Fox bodies and back. Can't stand the newer mustrangs.
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

I caught it for a while. I sold my first Miata for a brief stint with a 96 SN-95 mod motor car. I figured working at a shop that specializes in Ford V8s would be a good connection to make it fast on the cheap.

It was great for the first month, and then it completely fell to pieces. Biggest piece of **** I can imagine owning. I traded it for my 97 Ranger (which has been fantastic) and saved up to get another Miata on the side.

Hopefully I won't go astray again. :lol:

Comment

The new Mustangs are cool, still a bucket of bolts like all mustangs, but the styling is old skool retro cool. I like them. The previous generation you couldnt give me! :lol: Honestly the new style is the first Mustang that I would consider owning since the 1970 model.
        sigpic

Comment

Don't you think an LS3 powered NA would accomplish the same goals, but perhaps be a bit more fun? :)
          DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
          | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
          | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

It probably would, but it wouldn't look like one. I have a soft spot in my heart for a Bullitt version of the Mustang. Sometimes inefficiency is fun.
            Friday nights 7-9 PM, go to www.ksuradio.com and listen to Owl Oldies. Visit our Facebook group for any requests and suggestions. Classic Kevin - 60s and 70s on OWL Radio

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
              The new Mustangs are cool, still a bucket of bolts like all mustangs, but the styling is old skool retro cool. I like them. The previous generation you couldnt give me! :lol: Honestly the new style is the first Mustang that I would consider owning since the 1970 model.
              I agree. The older body style mustangs are ugly, especially fox bodies.

Comment

I <3 fox body coupes.

Comment

They are too redneck looking for me.

Comment

Then you fail Simon. The fox bodies look naff. What was before the fox body?

I see where you're coming from Kevin, it's not always about being the fastest and the lightest. It's that whole muscle car appeal of a big chunk of metal being able to move fast because of the even bigger chunk of metal under the hood. They also look fairly badass too.

Comment

^ Oi! Lay off the Fox! :p There are a lot of Foxes out there that could chew up the fastest Miatas around on a road course.

Comment

^Thank ya sir.

And the stance of this is just hawwwttttt

Comment

Ah thank you Roadster...

one day when I get settled down I want to build a fox body. They my father's favorite car.

A nice late body style fox, with the saleen body...mmm. But I will admit one thing. I yet to see one in any other color then black that looks good.
                          1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                          2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Not taking away from their credentials but Steve got it in one with the redneck comment :lol:

Rednecks can be fast too!

Comment

Jack do you like Mustang SVO's?

Comment

Working...
                              X