Plane Crashes In Hudson River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane Crashes In Hudson River

So far news says all survived, possibly birds sucked into the engine, went down smoothly photos suggest.

Damn just saw some pictures, I would have shat myself. But it's good to see that water landings do actually work.

Comment

Couldn't make it easy and post a link could ya? :lol:

So if this happened 3 minutes after takeoff as the news stories suggest, I wonder how many people actually remembered what the flight attendant said to do in case of a water landing...

Originally posted by miata5620
      Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

No I just wanted to type it.

Comment

So we could all use our wonderful imaginations.

Comment

yeah, this has been making the rounds today. Incredible.
            ~Andrew
            Atlanta Region SCCA
            D Prepared Miata

Comment

kudos to the pilot and crew! It is amazing everyone got out ok.
              1995 Triple Black Miata

Comment

Yup... It cant be easy to dead stick an 80 ton plane into a "gentle" landing on water , cant be easy to get 150 freaked out folks off the plane before it sinks either.

Comment

That pilot needs some sort of award for this. Brilliant piece of work.

Comment

Given that it was an Airbus A320 and the engines are mounted on the wings, it's simply amazing that the water didn't rip them off and destroy the plane. I'm curious to see pics of the plane when they get it out of the river.

Comment

Me too, watch them fix it up and fly it again.

Comment

The A320 has wing mounted engines... and both of them are "gone"....

Comment

All wing mounted engines are designed to shear off their pylons. If the engines hadn't sheared off there wouldn't have been much left of the wings or fuselage.

Comment

Well you learn something new everyday. Did anyone see the footage of jets hitting birds on cnn? They cause some big damage on the fighter jets.

Comment

Working...
                            X