"The Prisoner" free at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Prisoner" free at last

On the way home while listening to NPR (yes, I'm old) I heard that the actor Patrick McGoohan had died. Here is the tonight's homework assignment for you kids. Research the tv show "The Prisoner".

I watched it when I was a kid. What does this have to with Miata's? Well.........in the opening sequence he was driving a Lotus Super Seven. Now those of you in the know, know that Lotus built it's fortune on kit cars, starting with the Six and quickly graduating to the Seven. Without those cars the Elan may never have been built. And if the Elan was never built then we might not have the Miata as you know it. I have wanted a Prisoner edition Caterham Seven as long as they have been around. Some day..............

The Prisoner as one of the most unique shows ever televised. Perhaps the only show to feature a Lotus Super Seven and a Mini Moke. And the lead up show "Secret Agent Man" had one of the most memorable theme songs ever.
    Last edited by Georgia Cracker; 01-14-2009, 07:48 PM.

I didnt know they had TVs during the Civil War. :lol:

Sorry..I couldnt resist. :D

When I was a kid we didnt have a TV. I never saw that show. My parents thought TV to be a waste of time, and I was limited to library books...NON fiction too...so if you need to know anything about history or other boring non TV subjects found only in the library let me know. haha...
    sigpic

Comment

Maybe we should have a meet at my house and watch episodes of The Prisoner and drink British beer. Or better yet maybe hook up the DVD player at the Mellow in Snellville and do it there. Barbie is installing a new tap with Red Brick's new double chocolate Porter. 7.7% alcohol and quite yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Georgia Cracker View Post
        On the way home while listening to NPR (yes, I'm old) I heard that the actor Patrick McGoohan had died. Here is the tonight's homework assignment for you kids. Research the tv show "The Prisoner".

I watched it when I was a kid. What does this have to with Miata's? Well.........in the opening sequence he was driving a Lotus Super Seven. Now those of you in the know, know that Lotus built it's fortune on kit cars, starting with the Six and quickly graduating to the Seven. Without those cars the Elan may never have been built. And if the Elan was never built then we might not have the Miata as you know it. I have wanted a Prisoner edition Caterham Seven as long as they have been around. Some day..............

The Prisoner as one of the most unique shows ever televised. Perhaps the only show to feature a Lotus Super Seven and a Mini Moke. And the lead up show "Secret Agent Man" had one of the most memorable theme songs ever.
        Who is number one??
        sigpicLance
        2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
        2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
        1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

Comment

Ahh, the eternal question.......................

Be seeing you.

Comment

Not to be way off topic, but Ricardo Montalbán died today as well.

Originally posted by miata5620
            Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Da plane came for da boss eh? ;)
              sigpic

Comment

In a very strange coincidence both actors most famous tv shows contained Mini Mokes.

Comment

I want a Moke !

Drove one all over the island of Barbados years ago

Comment

Working...
                  X