2008 NC1 GT PRHT R.I.P. Hello, 2017 ND RF Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 NC1 GT PRHT R.I.P. Hello, 2017 ND RF Club

My 2008 NC met its demise a couple of weeks ago, courtesy of a 1992 Lexus. I only got 10 years and 100K miles out of that car. :-( My loving wife graciously let me buy a new RF Club (Soul Red, no less) and I am gradually learning the quirks of the new car. I will be attending the CCR autocross school this weekend, so if you are there, look me up!

Bill
    2017 ND RF CLub Soul Red
    2008 NC PRHT GT, True Red R.I.P.
    Bill
    Atlanta
    2017 ND RF Club, Soul Red, 2008 NC PRHT GT, True Red, R.I.P.

Welcome!
    2007 True Red Miata

Comment

About time we had another RF around here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome! Is your old one red with Michelins and a center punch?
        David Luney - Suwanee GA
        [email protected]
        04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

Welcome, post pics!
          sigpic

Comment

I think that one was mine

Originally posted by miatastuff View Post
            Welcome! Is your old one red with Michelins and a center punch?
            Yes. :-( Where did you see it? The tires are 1 week old, 2145/45 17" IIRC, could be a good deal for some if the salvage yard doesn't overprice them.
            Bill
            Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by bbain View Post
              Yes. :-( Where did you see it? The tires are 1 week old, 2145/45 17" IIRC, could be a good deal for some if the salvage yard doesn't overprice them.

MiataStuff (aka David) buys cars from auctions and then parts them.

Him and Kurt are two of the greatest part resources we have in GA. Add in Alex from SC and the southeast has some great guys to get parts from.
              1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
              2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

I will keep that in mind, but I hope not to need too many parts for the new ND, with the possible exception of replacing the summer tires with all season ones later this year since the ND is my daily driver. :-) Still, my son (in Charlotte) has a 99 NB so it's good to know in case he needs anything.
                Bill
                Atlanta

Comment

It's at my house now, new core support and bumper mounts came in today, hope it's ready for inspection by next week.
                  David Luney - Suwanee GA
                  [email protected]
                  04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

"Before" picture:(and I'll stop pooping in your ND thread)
                    David Luney - Suwanee GA
                    [email protected]

Comment

The quote to fix it ($10K+) was more than the salvage value ($9K), which is why it was "totaled." Otherwise, I would have fixed it. If you haven't found it yet, all of the service records from day one are in a plastic envelope in the pocket on the back of the driver's seat. Also, the Nautilus air horn doesn't work. I had planned to replace it with a Hella that weekend. If you do get it fixed up and repainted, let me know, since no one is taking me up on the gift of the desk model of the car that I posted over in Classified.
                      Bill
                      Atlanta

Comment

Desk Model?

"Before" picture:(and I'll stop pooping in your ND thread)
                        Would you like the desk model I had of the car? It can be your for the low, low price of one summer beer!
                        Bill
                        Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by bbain View Post
                          Would you like the desk model I had of the car? It can be your for the low, low price of one summer beer!
                          I'll take you up on that! The car is done and the state inspection is complete. I'm just waiting to pay the ransom (title tax). All I have left to do is put on a PS pump. I'll post some pictures shortly.
                          David Luney - Suwanee GA
                          [email protected]

Comment

PS How is the ND?
                            David Luney - Suwanee GA
                            [email protected]

Comment

PS How is the ND?
                              Well.... I like the RF -- I know a lot of folks complain that it isn't truly "top down" but Mazda has stated that the trunk was simply too small to retract the top completely. I know that a lot of folks complain about the loss of the "open air" feeling of the soft top (or the NC's retracted PRHT), but I don't notice it since I'm looking through the windshield anyway. Top up or top down, the RF is drop dead gorgeous.

It definitely feels more like my son's NB than my NC did, but it is less practical than the NC to live with as a daily driver. The NC is bigger, particularly the trunk, and the interior of the NC *feels* bigger (not sure it actually is), except that the passenger has more leg room in the NC once that stupid plastic box is removed from the passenger footwell.. Most of the new technology is OK -- the infotainment system is OK, if a bit complex, and I am not loving the keyless entry, but having used a key for 40+ years, that could be a matter of getting used to it. I still use the fob to unlock the car and get into the car with the fob in my hand instead of putting it back in my pocket, resulting in contortionist moves to get the fob stowed before starting the engine. All that said, it is a hoot to drive and it is a worthy successor.

Let me know when you've got her all set to go and we can meet up!. One small favor -- can you peel my Peach Pass off the windshield for me? THe Peach Pass people won't give me one for my new car without turning in the old one or getting an affidavit that it has been destroyed. I don't use the "Lexus lanes" often but sometimes they are the only way to get around the traffic.
                              Bill
                              Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                              X