Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[1990 NA miata] New coilover lower mounting point won't fit in lower control arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [1990 NA miata] New coilover lower mounting point won't fit in lower control arm

Hey guys, I just got the Godspeed MonoSS (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and as the title says, the lower mounting point for the new coilover is too wide to fit in the lower control arm.

I tried using a C-clamp to compress the rubber bushing but i was unable to get it to slide in.

Any tips and/or anyone want to come help me install these? I'm in Kennesaw off of barrett parkway.

Thanks!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Updates:

I got it to fit by tightening the bolt on the coil over first in order for it to fit in the gap, then removing the bolt and using a jack to push up the lower control arm. It’s super tight even without the bolt. Is it safe to keep it like this? I’m afraid the mounting bracket on the lower control arm will break.

thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

How tight is it, one could take a file and remove some of the width of the metal bushings.

This is kinda an MT style response but this is the worry about the cheap chinese ebay/amazon products. They "fit" the car but don't always fit.
      1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
      2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

It was pretty tight. But I was able to put it all together and tightened the 17mm nut to spec. Drove it for a bit and it seemed fine. Do new coilovers creak a little? If i push down on the rear fender i can hear a faint creak on all of the coilovers.

Thanks,

Comment

I don't recall the creaking,

My guess is since the lower point is so tight, that when the LCA moves up and down, it's binding a touch on the Coilover mounting area. Sadly been some years since I messed with the MX5 suspension so it's a little fuzzy how much that area pivots.
          1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
          2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Working...
          X