MSPNP3 - initial install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPNP3 - initial install questions

I'm still waiting for my VTPS to get here. I am getting no input from my stock 1.6 TPS - is this correct?

I've also lost my AC. The ecu will idle up when the button is pressed, but the compressor will not engage, thoughts?

the condenser fan is not coming on, either

Comment

TPS is switch type, so you should be seeing a change at full throttle. But you *really* need a vtps to tune accel enrichment nicely.

I don't know the mspnp that well - but megasquirt I'm pretty handy. which initial msq did you use?

Comment

1.6 TPS is idle, on and WOT if I recall. Auto is variable. I have one if needed.
        David Luney - Suwanee GA
        [email protected]
        04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

A VTPS is coming with the turbo kit that I ordered. I should be seeing either 0% or 100%, but I'm only getting 0. I checked the resistance at the sensor and it's all good.

No AC sucks, too. I plugged the stock ECU back in and it works, so I've done something wrong or the MS is messing something up.

I'm on MS3-Pro.

Comment

did you make your own harness?

Comment

No, it's plug-and-play

Comment

This is a total assumption thing but
                • Lack of input from the TPS is most likely a setting/Wiring thing. I am willing to bet that the system is defaulted to VTPS but since you lack one. It's either not getting a signal type it wants or it's looking for it on a pin of your ECU that has no wiring.
                • Same with AC, most likely a setting issues. I don't think it would be related to the lack of TPS but wouldn't shock me.

Sadly I have no knowledge of the MS3Pro, so I can only talk in theory. Have you reached out to the boys at DIY?
                1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Yeah, if it is somehow disabling AC under a throttle setting like zero or WOT, it may not be sending a signal for the compressor clutch to engage. I'm hoping it'll fix itself when the VTPS is installed.

Comment

So what is your TPS reading with the MS in the car?

Comment

It doesn't read

Comment

I just re-read the install instructions and saw that there is probably a jumper on the main board enabling VTPS. I'll check it tomorrow and pull it to see if it fixes it.

Comment

Well, that jumper was not present so I'm at a loss again

Comment

In tunerstudio, go to tools / calibrate TPS. It'll bring up a bar and have you set the closed and open position. With the VTPS you can watch the bar move - but I would expect it to go 0-100 real quick with the switch tps.

There's also the throttle position gauge in the main TS screen.

Comment

I've tried that. I'm getting nothing on that screen from the throttle.

Comment

Working...
                              X