Bluetooth phone button compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth phone button compatability

I was just thinking about my install as I wait for all my parts to come in that you need (2) metra 70-7903 harnesses. I know the audio button should work but was wondering since my 2011 GT has a phone button will this be compatible? Tried searching didn't find anything.....

I'm not sure I'll be of much help here, but I'll tell you what I remember when I did the installation on my '06. It was a non-Bose, but I don't think it matters for this. I used a steering wheel adapter in order to use the steering wheel controls. Do you not need that on the 2011? At the time, it was a Metra steering wheel adapter, but now I think it is called Axxess. I suspect you'd need that.

If you're not already in it, the NC Miata Facebook page has a ton of info and many helpful people. If you can't find the answer here, join the page. Someone will help.

Good luck!
    - Lee -
    '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
    '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

Are you replacing the head unit? Only one wiring harness is needed.
      2007 True Red Miata

Comment

If I remember correctly, I used two metra harnesses in addition to the steering wheel adapter.

This link, starting at post 14, explains why. Perhaps something changed, but this is why I used two.

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=397956
        - Lee -

Comment

Also, this link, post 16, may help.

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=284758
          - Lee -

Comment

Cross reference it on Crutchfield. Sometimes they have great info for these things, but just OK pricing. It may give you the info you need.

Comment

I just reviewed my order from many years ago. It was from Cruchfield. I ordered:

(2) Metra 70-7904 (which has now been replaced by the 70-7903)
              (1) Metra ASWC steering wheel control interface (which has now been replaced by the Axxess ASWC-1)

Remember, mine was a non-Bose, but I think these items remain the same. Perhaps the new interface accounts for Bluetooth. Also, I don't know what was changed from the 70-7904 to the 70-7903.
              - Lee -

Comment

Working...
              X