Need R12 System Charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need R12 System Charged

Anyone know of someone who can charge an R12 System. The beater car has an unmolested R12 system and I just need it topped off. I need someone who can do it ASAP.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think I have something that will work for you but it's not R12, it's a replacement for it.
    Chris and Lola

Comment

The biggest thing is finding somebody that actually has the equipment. To hook to r12.

Comment

Yeah, somewhere, in the depths of my garage, I have an R12 replacement and the attachments to be able to fill it. If I can locate them this week they're all yours.
        Chris and Lola

Comment

Sweet, that would make my wife very happy.

Comment

I need this also, or I will have to convert to 134.

Comment

I have 3 cans of it which might be enough for 2 cars if Alex wants to share. lol
              Chris and Lola

Comment

Or you can find your own here: http://autorefrigerants.com/hydrocarbon-refrigerants
                Chris and Lola

Comment

Originally posted by CMP View Post
                  Ah, it must be spring.

"12a" is not a real ASHRAE refrigerant. It is a made up marketing name for something else, usually propane (R290). While propane is a great refrigerant it is not R12.

I think I have made this same post every spring going on 10 years now.
                  Last edited by Dynra Rockets; 04-17-2017, 05:12 PM.
                  92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG, '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Comment

Correct. It can be used as a replacement for R12. I know several people who run it in their early NAs.
                    Chris and Lola

Comment

Working...
                    X