Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timing issues, CAS, O Ring, won't start (#$&@T Miata)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing issues, CAS, O Ring, won't start (#$&@T Miata)

Ok I have no idea what I did or why it won't start, but after a bunch of hours I am officially stuck. If I don't figure it out I am going to tow it to the Miata shop (defeat).

When I parked it to start working on it the car it ran. The CAS Bolt adjuster bolt was stripped and I just completed the timing belt. After the timing belt was done I was having it was hesitating. So I was going to adjust the timing because of other issues I was pretty sure it was really far out. So I pulled the CAS Sensor our, forgot to mark it, my stupid fault, figured out where it was based on the bolt position, put it back together, now it won't even come close to starting.

It starts, idles at 2k (2 seconds) and dies, or it doesn't start and makes some awful noises. Hissing, or turns 3 times till it won't turn anymore. I am pretty sure the engine died today. I am in Smyrna if anyone wants to come by, free beer to the one who fixes it.

Thoughts? :o

92 NA Miata

Check your timing marks and make sure you did timing correctly.
    1995 Miata in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Smyrna_Mike View Post
      It starts, idles at 2k (2 seconds) and dies, or it doesn't start and makes some awful noises. Hissing, or turns 3 times till it won't turn anymore.
      Your timing is wrong. Side note the car will run no matter where the cas is, granted it may not run very good in every position but it will pretty much run wherever, the cas is to fine tune. Like munky said check your marks! If you have no luck we would be glad to take care of you! Best of luck! Check and double check your marks!!!
      Track Minded Performance

Comment

Take the valve cover off and a picture. Make sure the cam lobes face outwards when you're at TDC. 19 teeth between sprocket marks.

Comment

So after reading Tougemiata's post, i realized the car needs to go to someone else to look diagnose my issue. It currently isn't running at all and it will start and shut off. Looking at the CAS sensor a little closer one of the pins is bent and the units female input has a crack. I live close to RSpeed and have already called them to fix it. Maybe, just maybe i will get a running Miata in 2017.

Comment

FYI The people at RSpeed are fantastic. They reset my timing, my pulley was off and I would have never had gotten it right even a with a timing light.

Comment

Originally posted by Smyrna_Mike View Post
              FYI The people at RSpeed are fantastic.
              ^This. It's a recurring theme! Glad you got it worked out.
              David Luney - Suwanee GA
              [email protected]
              04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

Working...
              X