Quick Engine Pulling ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Engine Pulling ?

Can I pull the engine out while leaving the tranny in? I gots to pull it outs reals fasts to puts da other bottom end ins.

You can do it that way. Might find it easier removing them both at the same time and then unbolting the trans. But yes, either method is possible.

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

if you pull just the engine, theres nothing to support the tranny.
        DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

There's that issue too. Of course, most think to brace the tranny. ;)
          I should have mentioned this in the last post, but pulling both at the same time is a million times easier with a load leveler on the hoist.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

well, you could always do like me and support the tranny with a jackstand or something. but ya, it would probably be easier to take the tranny out with it.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about holding the tranny with a jack stand, I will have to pull the engine back to get it loose from the tranny right? Does the subframe not get in the way??

Comment

i forsee it being a major PITB lining up the input shaft on the trans with the crankshaft/clutch and stuff with the trans in the car as opposed to getting it together outside the car.
                DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

Yeah but I don't have an engine hoist right now lol. I was suppose to borrow someones today but they are working all day.

Comment

well how do you plan on taking the engine out...? lol

i told you you can borrow mine whenever you want to. just come get it because i dont have a truck.
                    DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

I have a hoist I can use I mean I just can't use it today.

I don't have a truck either lol

Comment

Well...

/engine pull :D

Comment

^^ lol.

you MIGHT be able to get it out without a hoist, but getting it in will be a pain.

i have an idea though... you have a big tree right by your driveway...
                          DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

Comment

I've seen it done. Just jack up the back half of the car before you pull it out and you should be able to roll it out while "jacking".
                              91 BRG #3240
                              Have you ever seen a guy driving a Mazda Miata and thought, “man, I wish that was me!”? Neither have I.
                              Aside from the fact that this car screams “I’m fabulous!” from every angle, this car was made for the guy who wants to drive down the coast with his new scarf from Wal Mart flapping in the breeze. If you own a Miata you're one of three things: in the closet, a woman, or a ******bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X