your thoughts on trans flush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your thoughts on trans flush?

im @ 89,000 miles i dont know if it would do more harm than good? (miata)
    the reason i ask, is i read a previous thread about the "clunking" when shifting from 1st to 2nd in the neutral slot-mine does this and is also a ***** to get in reverse most days...won't catch

my lil truck has never had a trans flush and its @ 250,000+ miles and runs supreme
    the volvo got flushed @ 92,000 and it was never the same...the shifts and overall "feel" took a change for the worse, then the tranny died at 93,815
    Last edited by scandmx5; 02-25-2009, 03:33 PM.
    Originally posted by VERY FLUSH
    Trust me.my education is far surpass other people

FWIW, I did mine at 80k with Redline fluids and it felt a ton better! YMMV

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

YMMV?

Comment

I currently use all Motul, and am about to change with Redline.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomnorwegianzoom View Post
          YMMV?
          Your Mileage May Vary

You might also want to look into flushing the differential fluid at the same time. Doesn't hurt.

After re-reading your first post, your reverse issue is actually pretty normal accross the 6-speeds from what I've read. Some people have that issue and some don't. Kris definitely has it happen on his car. Every time I drive it I find that throwing the shifter in one of the "upper" gears (1, 3, or 5) and then into reverse will result in no problems.

Originally posted by miata5620
          Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Anybody used Pennzoil Synchromesh in a Miata tranny? I've used it in Nissans and Mitsus and it's always worked great.
            1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
              Your Mileage May Vary

You might also want to look into flushing the differential fluid at the same time. Doesn't hurt.

After re-reading your first post, your reverse issue is actually pretty normal accross the 6-speeds from what I've read. Some people have that issue and some don't. Kris definitely has it happen on his car. Every time I drive it I find that throwing the shifter in one of the "upper" gears (1, 3, or 5) and then into reverse will result in no problems.
              thats exactly what i have to do.

so im guessing i should have it all done at once...pilot bearing, happy meal, and flush. who in Newnan is good for trans work?

i ordered the happy meal last month, but havent had money to get the work done

Comment

There is a simple solution to getting into reverse.

When you put it back there, and it doesn't quite go INTO revers, just slightly let up on the clutch..it'll go right in...everytime. Jenn's does this too...and the same solution works.

Comment

Mine has the reverse issue as well. I'll have to try that trick next time.
                  2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
                  2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

Working...
                  X