Won't start >_<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't start >_<

Hey guys. I just got back home to drop something off and shut the car off. Was running fine all day and started every time without issue. Go bac to the car maybe 5 minutes later, turn the key, and nothing. It's got power to everything, but it will not turn over. Any ideas? I kinda need the car for tomorrow, so I'm kinda annoyed by it >_< I'm thinking it's the starter.
    "Never let go of what you got, because it might just be all you'll ever get"

If you have power to everything, but no starter action, it may be the key switch. Do you have a lot of stuff on your key ring? Switch failure is more common (although not sure if you're getting the accessories to work, but not the Start/Run), but if you find it's the starter, I have a good one you can get. Strong enough to bend a rod. :D

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

off topic, sorry...but i remember one day i was on the Newnan bypass and did a lil burnout and when i shifted to second (i have long legs), my right knee bumped the remote on my keychain when i lifted up, and like a 1 in a 1,000,000 thing it turned the key back to the a position- but it still revved, and radio worked...needless to say after having a volvo my 1st thought was (sh!t i need a transmission) until i looked
      Originally posted by VERY FLUSH
      Trust me.my education is far surpass other people

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
        If you have power to everything, but no starter action, it may be the key switch. Do you have a lot of stuff on your key ring? Switch failure is more common (although not sure if you're getting the accessories to work, but not the Start/Run), but if you find it's the starter, I have a good one you can get. Strong enough to bend a rod. :D
        I've got all acessories and the car will bump start, just won't turn over with the key. There is no clicking or anything from the starter. My mom went ahead and bought a new starter last night and Imma put it on today. I'll keep you guys updated :p

Comment

Way to go mom
          2013 Whitout FR-S
          1988 LS1 rx7 convertible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by matredd View Post
            Way to go mom
            Hehe :p She had to though. I only have $0.78 in my account >_<

Comment

Well I was going to give you mine... That's $0.00. I have a new one that is for my 6-speed.

Originally posted by miata5620
              Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

hey... if the new starter still doesn't work.. Check all your grounds. I had ground that looked perfected, but was dirty and it stopped me from getting 100% power to the starter. Everything else worked perfect in my car but just won't get power to the starter.

Good luck
                1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

the bmw has all sorts of ground problems... but the one on my battery had come loose and was causing this exact thing to happen, along with not charging my battery and frying one alternator along with it.
                  DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

Check grounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X