yet another NA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another NA

i was getting out of my car this morning around 10:35am for class at gwinnett tech when i look up to see a white NA miata with black wheels, and sounded like a aftermarket exhaust, also had blacked out windows. on sugarloaf parkway going towards Discover mills mall.

anyone know him? her?

or are you on here?
    "keep drifting fun......or else..." --Andy Sapp

guessing no one knows them. lol ohh wellllllll

Comment

Ive seen them... If its the same one i saw the guy just drives it and isnt an enthusiest..
      sigpic Always has a machete... seriously ALWAYS...

Comment

ahh. i figured. most of the cars i see either go to gwinnett tech, but i can never find them..

Comment

I'm taking some automotive classes at Gwinnett Tech, have seen a couple in the lot, but usually when I'm in my Tahoe! Can't miss mine, top and clearcoat flapping in the breeze! Red NA with '01 wheels. Howdy.
          '01 block & intake/'99 head- 2nd one sold in Macon (was mom's DD, summer '89)
          Faded red, clearcoat peeling..'01 15's w Nitto's..RB intake & header, Enthuza exhaust
          245k daily driver- 35k, 3 yrs on 1.8 - barn rescue! (sat 5yrs on our farm)- Marco

Comment

Originally posted by early1990miata View Post
            I'm taking some automotive classes at Gwinnett Tech, have seen a couple in the lot, but usually when I'm in my Tahoe! Can't miss mine, top and clearcoat flapping in the breeze! Red NA with '01 wheels. Howdy.
            in regards to your sig: Doesn't an 01 block with a 99 head make it basically a 99 engine? iirc the part numbers for everything in the 01 bottom end is the same as everything in the 09 bottom end. Pretty much the only difference is the head...
            ~Andrew
            Atlanta Region SCCA
            D Prepared Miata

Comment

Originally posted by amaff View Post
              in regards to your sig: Doesn't an 01 block with a 99 head make it basically a 99 engine? iirc the part numbers for everything in the 01 bottom end is the same as everything in the 09 bottom end. Pretty much the only difference is the head...
              Compression ratio went from 9.5:1 to 10:1 in 2001.

Originally posted by miata5620
              Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
                Compression ratio went from 9.5:1 to 10:1 in 2001.
                If I'm not mistaken, that was due to the head.
                ~Andrew
                Atlanta Region SCCA
                D Prepared Miata

Comment

Nope, the pistons have more of a dome over the '99-'00.

Also 01+ has the Main Bearing Support Plate and revised oil pan.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

huh, learned something new today. That's what I get for thinking ;)
                    ~Andrew
                    Atlanta Region SCCA
                    D Prepared Miata

Comment

:lol:
                      I was trying to find a picture to support my claim, but now I remember the picture was hosted by SoloMiata on AOL HomeTown, and well, HomeTown no longer exists. But basically it works like this, 94-95.5 had flat top pistons (8.8:1), 95.5-97 had a slight dome (9:1), 99-00 had a slightly higher dome (9.5:1), and then 01-05 had an even higher dome (10:1).

Comment

Went with '99 head only because of VVT, and lack of control over VVT....still controlled by '90 ECU, great power so far, needs much fine-tuning. Ben91 gave me alot of good advice and help! Been very happy with the car, 10k since running last March, solid 28-30 mpg driving fast.
                        RB intake, RB header, Enthuza exhaust w/ hi-flo cat help, and had head shaved (w/ valve job) before install.
                        Would make more power with tuning, de-bugging, etc.
                        '01 block & intake/'99 head- 2nd one sold in Macon (was mom's DD, summer '89)
                        Faded red, clearcoat peeling..'01 15's w Nitto's..RB intake & header, Enthuza exhaust
                        245k daily driver- 35k, 3 yrs on 1.8 - barn rescue! (sat 5yrs on our farm)- Marco

Comment

Working...
                        X