Green NA hardtop on 120 Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green NA hardtop on 120 Loop

On my way to class last night I was passed by a green NA sporting a hard top, roll bar, stripes, gumballs on the doors, and a dual center exit exhaust. Loud as hell, dirty as hell, and the mufflers were so big in diameter they had to be dragging on the ground.
    Friday nights 7-9 PM, go to www.ksuradio.com and listen to Owl Oldies. Visit our Facebook group for any requests and suggestions. Classic Kevin - 60s and 70s on OWL Radio

Thats "Fooshnickens", works at RSpeed and is a cr.net mod.
    The exhaust is a St May and they do hang way too low. ;)
    sigpic

Comment

:lol: Yup, that's Taylor. Wonder if the loud you were hearing was the exhaust or the IRTBs?

Originally posted by miata5620
      Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

I want IRTBs...
        2013 Whitout FR-S
        1988 LS1 rx7 convertible
        sigpic

Comment

Why do Miata owners call them IRTB's? lol

Comment

so we are now what 3 and 876498 on spottings vs seen actual members? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
              no idea. Individual Runner TBs maybe? I always called them ITBs.
              Originally posted by Doppelgänger View Post
              so we are now what 3 and 876498 on spottings vs seen actual members? :lol:
              yeah, that's what it is on most forums :facepalm:
              ~Andrew
              Atlanta Region SCCA
              D Prepared Miata

Comment

Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
                Because that's the correct terminology. They're Individual (or Independent) Runner Throttle Bodies. People call them ITBs as well, but that's technically not correct.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

How is "Individual Throttle Bodies" not correct??? O_o
                  ~Andrew
                  Atlanta Region SCCA
                  D Prepared Miata

Comment

I said technically not correct because the correct term for them has the word
                    "Runner" in it, thus IRTBs.

Comment

On Miatas I have always called them AWOM's........

...a waste of money. :lol:
                      Oh I know, but they sound cool. Thats gotta be worth 2-3 grand. :D
                      sigpic

Comment

hey, i got mine for a G, and I call them ITB's. I own them so that means i'm automatically right. also for further clarification, I'm also pretty sure fooshnickens has '4thrttls' or something on his license plate
                        sigpic

Comment

Haha! Ok, you win.
                          Yup, that is his license plate.

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
                            Because that's the correct terminology. They're Individual (or Independent) Runner Throttle Bodies. People call them ITBs as well, but that's technically not correct.
                            I have been always told, ITB are for cars that have Individual Throttle Bodies but all feed from a plenum such as a stock M3 or GTR, and IRTB are for cars that are not using a plenum and each have there only INDIVIDUAL runners not contected to the others.
                            Last edited by wildfire0310; 01-15-2009, 01:22 PM.
                            1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                            2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by wildfire0310 View Post
                              I have always told, ITB are for cars that have Individual Throttle Bodies but all feed from a plenum such as a stock M3 or GTR, and IRTB are for cars that are not using a plenum and each have there only INDIVIDUAL runners not contected to the others.
                              M3s, GTR, etc, all have individual runners....... So, you just disproved your own 'theory'.

Also, I don't really care either way what you call them. We all know what they are ;)
                              ~Andrew
                              Atlanta Region SCCA
                              D Prepared Miata

Comment

Working...
                              X