TGPR Track Day Nov. 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGPR Track Day Nov. 10th

I posted this over at solo Atlanta so you guys might have seen but I thought I'd post it here as well.

I’m looking to get a group together for a track day at TGPR on Monday November 10th. We will be using Talladega’s “Street Car Test and Tune” format which allows for a total of 12 cars with 3 on track at a time. The cost is $130 per person. The track would be ours from 8-5. Usually by the time everyone arrives and unloads etc. it’s close to 9:00 AM before the first group is on track. Nine to five, four groups, figure 20 minutes sessions equals a lot of track time. If you’re interested or have any questions shoot me an e-mail: ogburns “at” bellsouth.net. The plan is to use paypal, your payment will secure your spot. For those who may not be familiar with the track check out http://www.tgprace.com/ .

Sean

RE: TGPR Track Day Nov. 10th

Who are you?

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

I used to be an avid autocrosser with the ATL SCCA region. I primarily drove a Red Sentra SE-R in STS. I started doing track days about four years ago and the autocrossing kind of fell by the way side. I do mostly NASA events now but have done a few PCA and BMWCCA events as well. I bought a Miata a little over a year ago, a black '94 R model, to replace the SE-R. It's pretty much a track car that I occasionally drive on the street. A friend/neighbor of mine is also a track guy and we are tyring to set up an event at TGPR. Kind of a last event of the year kind of deal. Does that help?

Comment

Yep helps alot! Makes it easier knowing a bit about who you're dealing with. Welcome to the site! Be sure to post up in the intro thread with a pic of your car. This is ridiculously tempting. I might be in on this one.

Comment

Yep! Don't want to seem rude, it's better to know who you might be dealing with before potentially giving them money. :)

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

If it wasn't right after SEMA, I'd def go but I'm sure I'll be broke when I get back. :D

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S
              Yep! Don't want to seem rude, it's better to know who you might be dealing with before potentially giving them money. :)
              No worries, understand.

So far there seems to be a lot of interest but only a few takers. I hope we get enough people!

Comment

Sounds interesting. I've done this format before and had like 3+ hrs of track time by the end of the day. It's a KILLER deal for sure! Dunno if i'll have the extra $$$ by then though... we'll see.

Comment

I'm interested, but no running car at the moment... Kinda puts a damper on everything.

Comment

One issue you may have is that I think some people are signed up for the Road Atlanta pdx event the day before.

Comment

It is tough to compete with Road Atlanta.

Comment

I am doing the PDX at Road Atlanta right before, so I don't think I can make it :(

Comment

Dammit, now I have no clue as to where i'd want to spend my $$$ :(

Where else has the TGP day been posted? Any idea on what other cars have already registered?

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelgänger
                            Dammit, now I have no clue as to where i'd want to spend my $$$ :(

Where else has the TGP day been posted? Any idea on what other cars have already registered?
                            So far it's been posted on Miata.net, soloatlanta, and NASA SE. I noticed the Atlanta s2K guys have a day scheduled at TGPR on October 20th that is sold out. It looked as though they had more interest than spots so I may post it over there as well. The mix of cars is pretty diverse at this point: Me (Miata of course), an RX-8, a Mustang, an Audi A4 and a Factory Five Cobra. Only myself and the mustang have previous track experience.

Sean

Comment

If you want, I'm a member of S2KAtlanta and can post there for you..

Comment

Working...
                              X