X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATL Region SCCA Points 10 & Champion of Champions - Nov 11-12

First, the important stuff:

Points 10 (Saturday) Registration is here: www.msreg.com/ATL2017P10
    Champion of Champions (Sunday) Registration is here: www.msreg.com/ATL2017CoC

Champion of Champions...

If you are thinking of skipping this event, think again. This format is a blast and is basically two events in one or a National Tour in one day. You start out in the morning taking 3 runs and then, in the afternoon, you take 3 more on the same course only reversed. Your time is the combined total of your best morning run and your best afternoon run.

List of people who should sign up for the Champion of Champions event:
    1. People who won their class in Open (not me, I am mathmatically eliminated by ~2 points)
    2. People who didn't win their class in Open (me, I'm not bitter)
    3. People in Pro Class
    4. People who were in Novice Class (there will not be a Novice Class on Sunday, sign up for your regular class)

We'll have two run groups:
    1. Champion of Champions - Sign up here if you won your Open class or ran in the Pro class at any point in the season (again, not me)
    2. Best of the Rest - Sign up here if you didn't win your Open class and did NOT run in the Pro class at any point in the season (Me... by two points... out of 7000!)

In conclusion, this is a really fun event and I am happy to be running with the fine folks in the Best of the Rest group. Remember, there will not be a Novice class on Sunday.

Schedule

7:30 Gates open
    8:00 Registration / Work assignment opens
    8:15 Tech opens
    8:15 Novice Orientation meeting begins
    8:30 Course open for walking
    9:30 Tech and Registration close
    9:30 Course Closed for walking – No more new walks to start
    9:45 Driver’s Meeting
    9:50 Heat A Worker Check-in
    9:50 Heat A Drivers to grid
    10:00 Green flag – Heat A first car off