Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta AutoX Point 5 this Sunday! Signup ends tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta AutoX Point 5 this Sunday! Signup ends tonight!

If you are in the area and want to have fun this weekend, bring your miata out to an AutoX event this Sunday at Atlanta Dragway. The event is only $35 with membership. It's gonna be crazy fun and I would love for there to be a bunch of MX-5s there! Signup ends tonight and we need 18 more people to signup for the event to not be cancelled. So signup now!

Link to Event

will this event re-occur monthly?

Comment

http://www.autoxatlanta.com/
      sigpic

Comment

Going to toss out my $0.02
        LOVE AXA and I actually suggest running with them over the local SCCA, even more so if you're starting out and want as much seat time as possible. While the local SCCA is much more established, AXA has a course that's twice as long, and also give you twice as many runs as SCCA( 6 vs 3, plus AXA has another 6 optional runs after the main event for $25). I've been running with them since April and have had a blast at every event I've been to.
        '00 Black NB, Track/Street car.
        It seems like the most powerful weapon in the universe is speed. Move something fast enough and it will obliterate anything

Comment

Some points of clarification:

AxA has a really big lot, but man it's rough. I don't mind running with them but I do it knowing I'm going to need to fix & tighten stuff afterwards. I've never had the same alignment going into, and leaving an event at that site.
          ATL SCCA has a smaller lot, but it's much grippier & smoother.
          Runs: I cannot tell you the last time we did 3 runs. I think there was 1 event where we were plagued by timing issues a year or 2 ago, but it was most of a decade before that, and hasn't happened after that. We usually get 4 or 5 depending on attendance and how the event is running.

AxA seems to have checked my calendar and scheduled their events on every weekend I have to work or have another big event I am attending. Seriously, I have 3 weekends I have to work this year, and AxA has an event on each of them. Dixie National Tour? AxA event weekend. Chasing the Dragon Hill Climb? AxA event weekend :lol:
          Last edited by amaff; 06-02-2017, 06:51 AM.
          ~Andrew
          Atlanta Region SCCA
          D Prepared Miata

Comment

The event with SCCA I was at in... April I think was only three runs. From all the information I found that looked pretty standard. I haven't run with them since. But even so, it's still a thirty second course vs AXA's minute course. For a beginner like me the extra time is invaluable.
            I think AXA intentionally scheduled their events to weekends that aren't SCCA weekends to avoid splitting attendance. I see a lot of the SCCA guys showing up at AXA anyway.
            Don't get me wrong, I am in NO WAY bashing or hating on SCCA. The more organizations putting on events the better and I greatly enjoyed myself the times I ran with SCCA. I just find that AXA's events are more "bang for the buck" in terms of seat time.
            '00 Black NB, Track/Street car.
            It seems like the most powerful weapon in the universe is speed. Move something fast enough and it will obliterate anything

Comment

Originally posted by wingman703 View Post
              The event with SCCA I was at in... April I think was only three runs.
              Nope. I just looked. Points 1 (February) was 4, P2 (March) was 5, P3 (April) was 5, P4 (May) was 5. 3 runs is far and away the exception. Like I said, I think it's only had to happen twice since I've been running in ATL.

From all the information I found that looked pretty standard. I haven't run with them since. But even so, it's still a thirty second course vs AXA's minute course. For a beginner like me the extra time is invaluable.
              I get it. Like I said, it's different.

I just find that AXA's events are more "bang for the buck" in terms of seat time.
              Definitely lots of "bang" on that surface :D
              I'm not bashing AxA either, it's just a different event.
              ~Andrew
              Atlanta Region SCCA
              D Prepared Miata

Comment

I hate that all these events are on Sundays. That means I'd have to have wife approval, which isn't gonna happen as it's the only day off the week she has off with me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

The way to get the maximum seat time is to attend Novice School. I just did the CCR one at the Michelin proving grounds. In one day I got 26 runs, with an instructor (!), on a great course that was around 50 seconds long. Well worth the $120 - over the course of the day, as a newbie i shaved a little time each run, for an 11 second delta at day's end. I don't know how often the various clubs organize Novice schools but they offer a rare opportunity for concentrated seat time.
                  Bill
                  Atlanta
                  2017 ND RF Club, Soul Red, 2008 NC PRHT GT, True Red, R.I.P.

Comment

CCR is a great region, and that site is also one of the best... Glad you enjoyed it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X