PCA club race this weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCA club race this weekend...

I have worked the past three years at the club race and it is always interesting.
    I have opted to not work this year but I may go up at some point.
    You can see everything from 914s to 997 Cups.

Sorry guys. I had it confused with the BMW club race. Can't change the header.
    Last edited by jester911; 03-04-2009, 12:16 PM.
    2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

I thought BMW is this weekend? I guess my boss messed my schedule up? At Road Atlanta? lol Oh well not working anyway, I work PCA and BMWCCA.

Comment

Yes sorry it is at RA.

Comment

Are you SURE? I think you are wrong. I work there lol, it says this weekend PCA is at Barber and BMWCCA at RA this weekend.

Comment

Simon your right. I was reading on Rennlist and they were talking about the club race this weekend at Road Atlanta.
          My bad

Comment

It's cool!

Comment

I edited the title.
              They must have been talking about the BMW race.

Comment

I got an email to work again this year a couple weeks ago but I didn't pay attention to when it was.
                Duh

Comment

I want to run a PCA event up there one of these days...because they allow 'verts. Be nice to beat up on some of those cars :D and watch some of the others pass me like i'm standing still.

Comment

I have done quite a few. It is a ton of fun.

Comment

IIRC isn't the average cost for non-members is ~$400?

Comment

That is about right. If you are doing more than one event in a year it will pay to just join since it is $50 more for non members and joining is only $42

Comment

I was going to do one last year but as usual my car took a crap. I like them because most of the guys drive the BALLS off the cars, not just put around.

Comment

Yes the real drivers in the PCA come to these events. You can get some very good instruction there is no extra cost.

Comment

I personally believe that Road Atlanta is not a good track for total novices to start however. It is much too unforgiving of a track where mistakes can mean balling up your car because of the concrete walls.

Mike I am not saying your a novice. I am only speaking for others that may want to try it.

IMHO Roebling in Savannah is the best track to cut your first teeth on a road course because it has very few real danger spots and tons of runoff in most areas.
                              Last edited by jester911; 03-04-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X