Favorite local drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite local drives

Got anywhere you go when you just want to clear your head?

I normally tend to head over to Northside drive, Powers Ferry and Mount Paran in the immediate vicinity. Some nice twisties, roads and scenary to take your mind off things.

Anyone else?

RE: Favorite local drives

I'm in Woodstock and there are some great roads here in Cherokee County. I like 108, East Valley Dr. Salacoa, definitely 136 through Jasper to 183, 52, Big Creek Rd, Doublehead Gap Rd., Newport, Dial, 60, 180 in Suches (180 rocks!)...Now you're on the Snake.

If it is just a short run, then I do the first part of this.
    - Lee -
    '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
    '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

There is a road in Palmetto called Ridley Road that is tons of fun.
      I had my first spin out on that road in my old '03 Miata.. :whistle:
      I tend to take it easy on that road with the MSM. It has bald tires and I don't want to total it within the first month of ownership!
      2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
      2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

^^ I remember that. I was pulling up to the stop sign and you wasn't behind me. I thought I was going to have to come get you out of a ditch. :(

Once new tires and coilovers are put on, we'll go back out and re-run that road. :)

Comment

Haha Yeah I was really lucky I didn't hit anything!
          Yay! Sounds good! :D

Comment

Originally posted by CaveRacing
            I'm in Woodstock and there are some great roads here in Cherokee County. I like 108, East Valley Dr. Salacoa, definitely 136 through Jasper to 183, 52, Big Creek Rd, Doublehead Gap Rd., Newport, Dial, 60, 180 in Suches (180 rocks!)...Now you're on the Snake.

If it is just a short run, then I do the first part of this.
            I'll vouch for that run its balls out
            01 Mica Green, Enthuza muffler, Rota wheels, TEIN springs, RB sways, Big assed stripe that adds 20hp

Comment

We all know there are tons of fun roads up in the hills but one can usually find some entertaining driving just about anywhere. I'm out in Loganville and have come across a few that are pretty good

For your dining and dancing pleasure

Kent Rock Road,
              Goes from Hwy 138 a few miles south of Walnut Grove to Centerhill Church Rd. Usually not a lot of traffic , lots of elevation change and extremely tight near the Centerhill end, 50 mph is "getting it" on the last bit. Caution advised (of course) as there are houses and soccer mom piloted suv's around and more thana few blind corners

Stewart Rd

Pick it up from Broadnax Mill just east of Youth Monroe

The first three turns are really nice, nice little acceleration straights into heavy braking zones and tight turns, woo hoo . A portion of this one though still technically "fun" runs through a subdivision so lower speed caution is advised to avoid contact with kids or dogs, the last bit once you leave the neighborhood has some fast nice hills & turns (beware the big bump in the right hander heading donw to the swampy area)..When you get to the end you can take the next three rights and do it all over again ..

Comment

Usually when I wanna go for a good drive I head to road atlanta...:P

I would have to say pretty much anywhere in north georgia. Blood Mountain ALWAYS. I could run up and down that thing alllll day.
                92 BMW 325is #5 ITR

Dive Motorwerks

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer
                  There is a road in Palmetto called Ridley Road that is tons of fun.
                  I had my first spin out on that road in my old '03 Miata.. :whistle:
                  I tend to take it easy on that road with the MSM. It has bald tires and I don't want to total it within the first month of ownership!
                  So why are you driving with bald tires??
                  sigpicLance
                  2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
                  2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
                  1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

Comment

^^ Because my new tires are sitting in my room, waiting to be put on!

Comment

I've been telling her she needs to get them put on but she's too lazy. :(

Comment

Not too lazy! I don't have time!!

Comment

Grantri I live semi close to you and have you ever driven temple johnson and I can't remeber the road name but it's one of the roads that runs close to black shoals and part of it has nuthing around? Also theres a road close to where I live called oleander that is crazy and you really don't want to mess up...one of my best friends rolled a prelude on it. River road is good too, but it is starting to get too developed so theres too much risky traffic situatuons that could come up. Hillside drive out in Grayson is decent. Temple Johnson really is a sick road with a lot of elevation change and switch backs, half or so of the corners are blind. Anytime yall want to drive on a weekend tell me and I'll come home and we can drive.
                          '95 w/ now finished '99 swap, kyb agx's, flyin miata springs, sway bars, roll bar and more to come...sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X