Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 Miata vs. Ferrari 430

Originally posted by Pariah on CR.net
    This is my buddy in his 05 F430, and a 200+lb passenger filming... 2nd gear roll, to 140mph. My car is stock LS-1 making 314rwhp, 2432lbs. When we got done he said he was going to trade his car in on 20 of mine LOL!!!

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Wow I really expected the Miata to pull a LOT harder. I'd take the F430 still for sure.

Comment

Is that 314 crank hp? I expected a bit more too. F430 vs 314chp miata should be a pretty fair drag, if the 430 doesn't overheat, catch fire, and burn to the ground (common problem with the car).
      DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
      | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
      | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

I just quoted what the guy on CR said... So IDK.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

how many people have owned a ferrari?
          '95 w/ now finished '99 swap, kyb agx's, flyin miata springs, sway bars, roll bar and more to come...sigpic

Comment

People here? None that I know of right off hand.

Comment

How many have seen one catch on fire in front of them?
              '95 w/ now finished '99 swap, kyb agx's, flyin miata springs, sway bars, roll bar and more to come...sigpic

Comment

I saw a 550 and a Gallardo right after they burned, but never seen the horror of one actually on fire.

Comment

what was the cause of the fire?

Comment

The Gallardo was rear ended by a dump truck and the 550 had wrapped itself around a metal phone pole.

Comment

I have yet to see one in person have a mechanical issue like that, and I am around them quite a bit and associate with many owners. In fact the F430 from what I have seen and heard seems to be a fairly reliable down to earth Ferrari and can be daily driven with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
                        The Gallardo was rear ended by a dump truck and the 550 had wrapped itself around a metal phone pole.
                        LOL that'll do it....

My Miata would probably do the same.

Comment

Which brings me to the point of me questions. I too have been around them a fair amount and have never seen one have more than a minor mishap. The two rotornut saw after they burnt were due to driver error, so why be so harsh on the ferrari when there is no real evidence to back it up outside of some magazine saying they catch on fire.

Comment

To clarify Ben's point, he wasn't being harsh towards Ferrari, he was making a valid point concerning the F430. They had a huge problem with this when they first came out.

The F430 has displayed a notable engine irradiation problem in its early model years. This issue regards an engine-overheating flaw which has a tendency to cause a fire in the engine bay, usually leading to the destruction of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangtomiata View Post
                              Which brings me to the point of me questions. I too have been around them a fair amount and have never seen one have more than a minor mishap. The two rotornut saw after they burnt were due to driver error, so why be so harsh on the ferrari when there is no real evidence to back it up outside of some magazine saying they catch on fire.
                              Sorry dude, but the F430 is known to have engine bay fires. Something isn't heat shielded as well as it should be, catches fire, and fire envelopes the entire car. It's not an urban legend. I think Eric's videos demonstrate that nicely. :)
                              DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                              | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                              | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Working...
                              X