Miata Toying With Some F-Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miata Toying With Some F-Bodies

This was posted up on another forum, here's the explanation that the OP gave:

... I was hanging out with some friends earlier today, taking some pictures and getting some videos. A couple of the f body guys decide they want to run each other. Camaro vs Firebird, should make for a good race. They run, Camaro takes the win.

Someone decides it would be cool if I start ahead of the LS1s with the camera mounted on my rollbar facing backwards to tape the race. They were concerned that I might get in the way though, so we decided to do a test run w/ me against the Firebird to see how big of a head start I would need in order to safely tape the race...

Well, after that we kinda forgot about mounting the camera on my rollbar, just sit back and enjoy the video. :giggle:

My favorite part is where kotomile (who is from Augusta, GA and has a nice turbo Miata) leaves a reply along the lines of "Not bad for FWD" and the V8 guys fall for it. :lol:

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Welcome to Awesometown.

Who's this dude in Augusta with a turbo Miata?!?! I've only seen one here, but it was an Army guy that's since moved away.
    1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

Why do I always LOL when I see races like this and people starting them like F&F?

Comment

Originally posted by MoD_Scotty View Post
        Welcome to Awesometown.

Who's this dude in Augusta with a turbo Miata?!?! I've only seen one here, but it was an Army guy that's since moved away.
        Probably same guy. He lives in California right now. This is his Miata, which his dad is keeping for him at the moment:

Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
        Why do I always LOL when I see races like this and people starting them like F&F?
        IDK? Pretty sure races were started like that way before F&F was even a concept. Or so all the hot rod builders in my neighborhood tell me, some even have video. ;)

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
          Probably same guy. He lives in California right now. This is his Miata, which his dad is keeping for him at the moment:

IDK? Pretty sure races were started like that way before F&F was even a concept. Or so all the hot rod builders in my neighborhood tell me, some even have video. ;)
          That NA is HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Yeah I know they started before F&F I just think they are funny.

Comment

That's pretty cool, "reps y0."

Comment

:lol: I really like those wheels ;)

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post

Ahhhhh. It's a shame he moved, I never got to check his car out in person.

Comment

Found these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDivc...layer_embedded

Last edited by MoD_Scotty; 02-17-2009, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
                    i think you missing the painted line across the road for the f&f effect.

Comment

Matt's car is pretty cool. He more or less copied my 91. I mean blatantly copied too, he told me after seeing mine and what it did. :lol:

We 'squirted Matt's car at my house. Myself, Rob, Matt, and a buddy of his. That was an airfilter I happened to have in the garage and the breather hose is clear flex **** that was from home depot up the road. :lol: Too bad the army took Matt to California.
                      DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                      | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                      | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

oh and yea id imagine how they felt when a "girls" car beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by ben91 View Post
                          Matt's car is pretty cool. He more or less copied my 91. I mean blatantly copied too, he told me after seeing mine and what it did. :lol:

We 'squirted Matt's car at my house. Myself, Rob, Matt, and a buddy of his. That was an airfilter I happened to have in the garage and the breather hose is clear flex **** that was from home depot up the road. :lol: Too bad the army took Matt to California.
                          Nice. His life must really suck...livin in Cali with a turbo Miata. You happen to know if he went to Monterey?

Comment

The Miata is at his dad's, not in Cali. He has his OTM there, an SRT-4.

Comment

Matt is/was active on the Myspace Miata forums - talked to him there often... before it got more mundane than IA there.

Comment

Working...
                              X