Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two 20B FD/FC posted on a nother forum

Originally posted by Dragon @ Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:33 am
    So this is my first post on the forum so first off "Hi" I currently own a 2006 Lotus Exige and I'm going to be picking up a 99' MX-5 for my son here shortly. I just happened to run in to this post while browsing the forum looking for info and ideas of what I'd like to do (make my son do :D) to his car. Since I have experience with this exact topic I thought I'd chime in. I've personally built and ported a good 50+ rotary engines and put 20B's in to my own FD and FC. I used to have 5 of them, but sold 3 and kept the other 2 for a possible future build (Who knows what will happen to this Miata in a few years :lol: ). I can say for sure if you don't have mad mechanical skills you wouldn't even want to attempt a project like this as it will stress you out and nickle and dime you to death. Here are a couple pic's of the swaps I did. I've since parted both of these cars out and junked the bodies. I don't like selling or seeing other people drive cars I've built for my self.

20B w/T76 turbo, LTX12 Microtec ECU, 4 core intercooler, water injection, 255lph fuel pumps x 2, 1680cc secondary & 720cc primary injectors etc etc...

20B N/A w/ side port, ITB's, GTR fuel pump, MOTEC M4 ECU etc etc...

If you do decide to go threw with the swap maybe you can get a few ideas from these pics.
    Originally posted by Dragon @ Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:51 am
    Already got 3 kids lol, don't need any more.. 8) Hopefully my son will be joining the forum soon...

I never dyno'd them, but if I had to guess by the fuel maps maybe 550 on the stock port turbo 20B with 1.3kgcm boost and around 300-320 on the N/A one with the side port. Mad Torqu on both of them and a exhaust note you'd sell your first born for. I did have a T70 on a 13B w/ huge side port boosting 1.7kgcm for awhile till it disintegrated the front main bearing #-o that one was pulling enough fuel for 650hp or so, but the boosted 20B was friggen insane. You could feel the whole chassis wind up like a rubber band and when you let off/shifted it would snap back and try to throw you in to another lane of traffic.
    sorry to those with work filters I am lazy and also working so no time to attach each file.

I would kill for an FD any day but for some reason I would rather have that FC over that FD.
    Last edited by wildfire0310; 01-26-2009, 02:27 PM.
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

I must take a look at this when I get home!

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
      I must take a look at this when I get home!
      Yea you and mike both need to re open this page when you get home from work and no longer have to deal with your work filters...

Comment

Those are beautiful cars and i bet they sounded amazing, any power numbers?
        '95 w/ now finished '99 swap, kyb agx's, flyin miata springs, sway bars, roll bar and more to come...sigpic

Comment

God damn, I really hope he has some video up somewhere. That's gobs of power.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangtomiata View Post
            Those are beautiful cars and i bet they sounded amazing, any power numbers?
            The second quote as some rough ideas for the power.

He claims never to dyno either, but his roughs are realistic.

around 550 for the FD and 300 for the FC

Comment

I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7...

F***!!!

Originally posted by miata5620
              Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
                I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7... I will not buy another RX7...

F***!!!

haha yea I know, I know. I am still pissed that my buddies FC is gone. Stupid f**King person and their sledge hammer..

BTW mike if you see this, found out the other day that Chris's old FC is now in a junk yard:cry::cry:

Comment

Something just got hard.
                  sigpic

Comment

I had an non running FC for about 2 months, and then the same FC that ran for about 5 minutes.

Where it sat for a few months (this was before I knew how to install motors and such.

Dont mind it looking pink in these pictures, I had a crappy camera.

Traded an $1,800 Integra for a Mitsu Mirage and a turbo FC + an FC motor, and to have it installed a while back. Ended up someone offered me $4,500 for the FC alone. So I sold it.

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
                    1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

that fc in the OP = SEX SEX SEX SEX.
                      DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

I'd love to have a 20 like the one in the FC, but rebuilt with S5 rotors and a 1/2 bridge port...that should be good for 400hp...N/A! I can't tell from the pics if it's p-ported or not, do you know? Is that what they mean by "side port"? I'd hope someone with all of that work would know the right name for that kinda of porting.

Bryan- sucks to hear about Chris's car... blame it on Austin and his car-swapping obsession :lol:

Comment

Working...
                        X