The Tech Day Thread - Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tech Day Thread - Cancelled

Since there is much talking but little planning, here is a fresh and unencumbered place to discuss the proposed upcoming Tech Day.

When/Where
    Out of the goodness of my heart, I will drive the 35 miles and open up Mazmart on a Saturday. The Saturday that seems to be favored by most is 11/22. I know that 11/15 was also discussed at one point, but I will not be available that day.

Mazmart is located at
    4917 New Peachtree Road,
    Atlanta (Chamblee), GA 30341-3122

Google/Mapquest will give you decent enough directions. Look for the big wooden fence. There are double wide swing gates in 2 areas. I will probably have 1 side of 1 of the swing gates open. There is plenty of parking up front.

Attire
    This should go without saying, but prior experiences show otherwise. End of November is going to be COLD in a shop. Remember a shop has big bay doors and does not have central heat. You will be cold, so dress appropriately. IE, coat, sweatshirt, long sleeve t-shirt, undershirt. When you warm up you can take your coat off, possibly even your sweatshirt too. You'll want a hat, long pants, and suitable shoes. I usually wear 2 pairs of socks.

Heater

We have a propane heater. If some people each want to chip in a buck or two for propane we can use it. Heating propane is $4.xx/gallon. This would be a good idea.

Tools
    I'm not a technician, so my tool collection is not thorough.
    I have a small toolbox at work with basic handtools such as ratchets and sockets, open/box combo wrenches, ratcheting wrenches, screwdrivers, and assorted pliers. It is a decent set, but I certainly do not have everything that will be required for the day. So if you have a tool bag or portable tool box, bring it.

Flashlights are good to have. Bring one if you can.

I do not own a spring compressor, so if you do, bring it. If you need suspension work done on your own car and do not own one, buy one in advance.

We do have an air compressor. A rather large one. I do not own air tools myself though. So bring them if you got them.

Lifts
    We have 2. 1 will absolutely be open for us. The 2nd may or may not, as it has our shop's project car on it. It will depend on if we can make progress on it or not in the meantime. If the car is rolling, we can probably push it out of the way, then push it back to the lift.

Logistics

I'm not sure how many people want to come, and how much time each person will need on a lift. So it would be wise if people could follow up with their interest in coming and what they expect to get done. Obviously not everyone will be able to get everything they want done.

Wandering
    There are a lot of places and things here that could get you injured. Don't explore stuff away from the main lift area.

Food

We have a fridge and a microwave. Feel free to bring something for yourself or to share. There are plenty of restaurants within a few minutes drive from here too.

Liabilities
    Basically, Mazmart has none. You agree to come at your own peril.

OK, that's what I got for now. Your input is welcomed.
    DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
    | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
    | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

RE: The Tech Day Thread

I'm coming to support. So time does not matter to me.
    Sounds like you have it pretty well covered though.

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

I will be joining on this day as well.

Comment

I will be there too!
        2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
        2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

Duh! :rolleyes:

Comment

More than "I will be there" can you please say what you need or want to get done? Trying to gauge how the day will go.
            DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Oh ok! I have some fog lights I guess would could install. That's all that I have right now.
              2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
              2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

haha, I don't think you'll be up for changing valve seals....:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by MeFryRice
                  haha, I don't think you'll be up for changing valve seals....:rolleyes:
                  lol I think that's a little more involved of a process.
                  ~Andrew
                  Atlanta Region SCCA
                  D Prepared Miata

Comment

Hopefully I'll be able to accumulate the last of the parts needed to install the blower on my car by then. Could probably use some help with it, since most of you guys have had experience with them before.

Comment

I'm pretty clean myself, maybe a CAS o-ring. You don't happen to stock them do you?

Comment

I will try and be there as it is my b-day I am not sure.

I do happen to own a set of spring compressors, so if anyone needs to use them I can loan them to Ben for the day if I can't make it.
                        1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                        2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by wildfire0310
                          I will try and be there as it is my b-day I am not sure.

I do happen to own a set of spring compressors, so if anyone needs to use them I can loan them to Ben for the day if I can't make it.
                          Happy birthday,
                          And yes hook it up with the comps.
                          DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

I'll try to be there and I have a soft top to install.
                            http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...sig4copy-1.jpg
                            2006 Subaru WRX STi
                            1992 Mazda Miata
                            1990 240SX SR *RIP*
                            1999 Acura Integra GSR *SOLD*
                            1978 Jeep CJ7 *SOLD*

Comment

I will be there, with springs and sways to install. I will bring my own set of tools, including spring compressors and several variations of monkey/socket wrenches and other various tools. Others are welcome to borrow (during the time of the install day only please...:lol: ) my tools. I would appreciate any help on this as well. Maybe we can set up a master list of who is doing what? Put it at the top of this thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X