Autocross School / Test and Tune 16 November 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocross School / Test and Tune 16 November 2008

This got posted on my other Roadster forum. Figured I'd share.

Gulf Coast Region SCCA will be hosting an Autocross school / test and tune 16 November 2008 at sunny south raceway in Grand Bay, AL.
    Price is set at flat fee for all participants at 30 dollars.
    Event is open to all members and non-members ages 16 and up.
    Minors must be accompanied by legal guardian and have minor waiver completed and submitted at registration. http://www.flr-scca.com/minorreleaseform2.pdf
    Gates open at 7:00 am
    Registration and tech 7:30
    Drivers meeting 8:30 with course discussion and instructor student assignment.
    Test and tune participants will be on course by 9:30
    Students will join in when ready.

Morning course lay out will be grouped into Skid pad section and a separate acceleration slalom and braking section.
    Short break for lunch and re-set course.
    Afternoon course will be basic Autocross course to practice and provide as much seat time as day-light will permit.
    Timer will be running to provide driver feedback.
    Pre-registration is appreciated. http://www.gulfcoastregionscca.org/forms/use/reg3/form1.html

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

RE: Autocross School / Test and Tune 16 November 2008

Sounds like a good day, not sure if I'm up for the drive though.

Comment

I don't think I can go, but just passing the information along. :)

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

This would be a lot of fun. Depending on our schedule, maybe I'll sign LB up to do this. :)

Comment

Those of you who have limited auto-x/evasive car control expeirance should do a school like this.. you learn a lot more than you'd think :)

Comment

I've done a couple driving schools, like the BMW one and Drivers Edge, and they are tons of fun. No matter how many schools you do, you will always learn something new.
            2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
            2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

Exactly. I miss working for the Xtreme Measure's driving school, I got a lot of seat time in. :(

Comment

We should start our own.. Now THAT would be fun!
                2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
                2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

Yes but it's not cheap. I talked to Karl (founder of xtreme-mearsures) about the cost associated with doing so and you def. don't do it for a profit.

Comment

Yeah, you'd better be wealthy and not care that it's not making you a ton of money.
                    I can only imagine the insurace costs associated with such a business.

Comment

All I have to say is, my pockets aren't deep enough. :(

He was required to have a safety crew (ambulance, etc) there which was very pricey and the cost of the insurance itself was ridiculous.

Comment

Yeah, that's more money than I'm willing to spend.
                        A while back, a few my neighbors were looking at creating a 1/4 mile track for the south Atlanta region on the land that one of them owns. The cost of constructing it wasn't so bad, it was the costs associated with permits, safety, insurance, etc. It got way out of hand and they abandoned it until they had more money. Still no track, so yeah...

Comment

That sounds like a blast. I'm willing to do the drive if I have the cash.
                          "Never let go of what you got, because it might just be all you'll ever get"

Comment

Working...
                          X