Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

East Cobb Meet Sat Aug 12...Update please read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Cobb Meet Sat Aug 12...Update please read.

Update: This meet will be at East Cobb Park.
    3322 Roswell Road Marietta Ga. 30068

Okay folks I finally got to talk to someone in the management company for the Avenues.

Below is the message I was sent.

We are delighted that your group of like-minded car enthusiast enjoy visiting The Avenue East Cobb. I too share a passion for cars and enjoy seeing these fabulous vehicles.

Please allow me to share some information that may assist in understanding our policy. There are a couple car enthusiasts groups that enjoy passing time at our center. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a gathering or congregation area solely for meetings and viewing of vehicles.

We welcome all who’s main interest is to shop, dine and stroll at our center, but do not have the ability or space to accommodate gatherings.

We have actually hosted these type of meet-ups and car shows in the past, but unfortunately they grew into larger crowds were it adversely impacted the parking availability for employees, our customers and the efficient flow of traffic.

You are welcome to meet with your friends and enthusiasts, to dine or shop at the center’s restaurants or stores. We are delighted that you do! However, we do have a policy of no “display”, viewing or any type of gathering in the parking area. (Hood’s up, engines running, etc.)

I hope that this provides a bit of insight. Please do not hesitate to call me if I can be of assistance in any way.

I asked for clarification on "gathering" with response below.

Yes, that is correct, there is no gathering for any purpose, unless it’s an Avenue sanctioned event
    Last edited by jester911; 08-07-2017, 09:07 AM.
    2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

so sounds like all will be fine as long as we all have a purchased cup of coffee from Panera with no backing into spots and no hoods up.
    92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG, '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Comment

So we have a couple choices. We can still meet at the Avenue and when the group builds up we can walk over to Panera. Maybe even wait until a security guard comes over. Or we can meet at another venue. One idea I have is to meet at East Cobb Park.
      That being a public area it shouldn't be a problem but then there is no option for coffee or breakfast there.

Let me know what you guys think.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynra Rockets View Post
        so sounds like all will be fine as long as we all have a purchased cup of coffee from Panera with no backing into spots and no hoods up.
        We can't be gathered at our cars so not sure that option will fly but we could all have a Panera cup in our hand showing we are there to patronize the center.

Comment

I'm all for patronizing Panera - I always have whenever we've met. However, based on the response from management, I feel like simply having a cup of coffee from Panera and then hanging out by our cars to talk (while holding said cup of coffee) isn't really in the spirit of "shop, dine and stroll," as mentioned by management. We are clearly a "gathering" and my interpretation is that we do not comply with the intentions and spirit of their policy.

I think some of this is up to interpretation, but that's how I feel. If you compare our gathering to the other group of cars that we usually see there, you'll notice that they typically dine (not just coffee) at Panera. They don't really hang out by their cars like we do.

I vote for finding a new gathering place. East Cobb Park sounds like a good spot.

Hell, I'll even offer to bring a dozen assorted donuts to kick off the new gathering place.
          Last edited by CaveRacing; 08-07-2017, 08:46 AM. Reason: DONUTS!
          - Lee -
          '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
          '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

New location. Now that we have fallen under scrutiny, and they have laid down the rules, they will actively and regularly enforce them. IOW, time to move on.

Comment

Agreed on the new location. East Cobb park is a nice spot. Funny how the Avenue spited themselves because "rules"
              '00 Silver Miata

Comment

I agree with you Lee. I don't really want to circumvent the rules. I know they got burned back when Caffeine and Octane were there.

Comment

Done deal. This meet will be at East Cobb Park.

Comment

Go w/the park, screw The Avenues.
                    06 True Red Touring - Eibach Springs & Sways - Koni Sports - Enthuzacar NC Cruiser Exhaust - Auto Exe wheel & shift knob - '13 Club Edition seats - Hella Supertones - a Protege5 used as the daily backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by jester911 View Post
                      Done deal. This meet will be at East Cobb Park.
                      Excellent. This will be a good time.

The map shows two parking lots. There is one close to the road and a larger one further in. Which lot?

https://goo.gl/maps/e85i3zLcW6y
                      - Lee -

Comment

Lets try the one closest to the road.

Comment

I'll be there! If Lee is bringing donuts, I'll swing by Dunkin Donuts and grab a box of coffee as well.
                          2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
                          2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

Coffee and donuts! I’m so there!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theothersawyer View Post
                              Coffee and donuts! I’m so there!
                              Oh sure... NOW you decide to take part. You'll be LUCKY if you get a donut!
                              - Lee -

Comment

Working...
                              X