Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Track Night at Road Atlanta (April 15th - and it's cheap!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Night at Road Atlanta (April 15th - and it's cheap!)

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/...mitty-april-19

Pushing this out to everyone who might not know about a cool event going on at Road Atlanta on Wednesday, April 19th...

SCCA’s Track Night in America is taking its TrackPass program to the Walter Mitty Classic at Road Atlanta. This allows car enthusiasts of all experience levels to drive your street car, at speed, around Road Atlanta. This is a great way to take off from work early and spend a few hours with some fellow enthusiasts on one of the most iconic tracks in America.

$210 for an hour of track time, admission to Walter Mitty Classic for all three days (April 21-22-23) and a parking spot in the SCCA car corral.

Event Registration: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/...mitty-april-19

More information about the Walter Mitty Classic: http://www.roadatlanta.com/the-mitty

I'm in! Looking forward to it...
    2000 SE #558

Comment

I'll be there.
      2007 True Red Miata

Comment

looks like its time to come up with some cash, should have everything wrapped up by then
        1997 mx-5

Comment

This is going to be awesome! I really like the Track Night program. I'll be out of town for this one but intend to hit as many Track Nights as possible. You guys should too!
          sigpic

Comment

Do Novices get an instructor to ride along with them or are just they given some quick rules then turned lose and told not to hit anyone?
            '00 Black NB, Track/Street car.
            It seems like the most powerful weapon in the universe is speed. Move something fast enough and it will obliterate anything

Comment

TNIA does not put their instructors in cars, but they do have good coaching sessions with 1st rate instructors. Not just "guys who run a lot of track days" but actual pro drivers. I've been to 2 -- Shea Holbrook and Randy Pobst were the novice instructors.
              DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
              | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
              | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Sooo... there will be instructors of some sort there? My main concern as a guy that's never been on a real track before is being the slow car that doesn't know the do's and don'ts and ends up being a hazard to everyone else.
                It seems like the most powerful weapon in the universe is speed. Move something fast enough and it will obliterate anything

Comment

Wingman, don't worry about that at a TNIA event. They are exceptionally well run and will take care of you. Plenty of "regulars" who can help you in addition to the Pros.

Highly recommend a TNIA event a AMP or RA.
                  sigpic
                  Current: 1994 Merlot (Turbo) Sold: Red '02 Turbo | 2010 - 2015 ~~~ 987 Boxster | 2012-2014 ~~~ Z4 ///M Roadster | 2015 - 2015 ~~~ Z4 3.0i (18k miles!)| 2018-2018 ~~~ 2006 Miata (Laci) | one track day ~~~ Exocet (Turbo!) | 2015-2019

Comment

Originally posted by wingman703 View Post
                    Sooo... there will be instructors of some sort there? My main concern as a guy that's never been on a real track before is being the slow car that doesn't know the do's and don'ts and ends up being a hazard to everyone else.
                    TNIA is supposed to be the gateway for first timers and they literally have a Novice group with extra instruction. If you like it, then next time sign up for an event with JZilla Tack Days or Just Track It, where you get personal instruction and twice the wheel time.
                    DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                    | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                    | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

That's the reassurance I needed. Thanks guys!

Comment

I was there, had a blast, spun out a few times, learned a lot, and got a ride along in a Lotus. Great day!

Is that red NC that had a brush with the wall a member here?

Comment

It was a great time - save for the incidents. I do feel badly for that nice NC.

Hoping this post is read by David W(something?) - 2000 Evo Orange. PM me if you see this, it was great talking to you last night and getting some good tips! Thanks Maybe I'll see you Saturday at the Mitty.

Comment

Thanks for the messages for those that sent them. That was not my Red NC, but I'd like to talk to that person.
                            2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Working...
                            X