Varsity Meet this Thursday. (9/4/08)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Varsity Meet this Thursday. (9/4/08)

The monthly Varsity meet in downtown Atlanta is this Thursday. I'll actually be in my car this time. Depending on the weather, it usually starts filling up between 7:30 and 8:00.

Anyone game?

RE: Varsity Meet this Thursday. (9/4/08)

I'm most likely going to be there in the MSM. I get out of class at 6:20 so I'll be up there around 6:30 - 6:45!
    2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
    2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

OMG ! there are meets at the varsity?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelgänger

Yeah!! And there are hardly ever any ricers there either!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metalman

Holy crap, I'm all over it!

Actually I can't make it this week, I've got a going away get-together for a friend of mine (see the soloatlanta forum). However, I was wondering if anyone w/ an MSM would let me have a test drive at the next one I can attend. I ask because I'm seriously thinking about a new daily, and I've driven an AP1 S2000 and... I want one. But I'm kind of torn about leaving the Mazda fold (though I'll still have the Miata), so I was curious what the next best thing would be.
          ~Andrew
          Atlanta Region SCCA
          D Prepared Miata

Comment

Yeah, there usually isn't more than maybe....5 or 6 cars there. Pretty much a big empty parking lot, pretty sad really. :whistle:

Ricers are the entertainment value for me. And I'm 5 miles away, so might as well.

So if any of you high-and-mighty-too-cool-for-the-Varsity guys might deign to make an appearance, I suppose I'll see you there. :P

Comment

I might make the drive. Emphasis on MIGHT...

the downtown leg of the journey is what gets me, driving to gwinnett is much easier for those meets.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5ATLanta.com

the downtown leg of the journey is what gets me, driving to gwinnett is much easier for those meets.
                now you know how us ITP feel about meets OTP I'll be there finally I think it will be worth it for the people watching.
                01 Mica Green, Enthuza muffler, Rota wheels, TEIN springs, RB sways, Big assed stripe that adds 20hp

Comment

Originally posted by amaff
                  Originally posted by metalman

Holy crap, I'm all over it!

Actually I can't make it this week, I've got a going away get-together for a friend of mine (see the soloatlanta forum). However, I was wondering if anyone w/ an MSM would let me have a test drive at the next one I can attend. I ask because I'm seriously thinking about a new daily, and I've driven an AP1 S2000 and... I want one. But I'm kind of torn about leaving the Mazda fold (though I'll still have the Miata), so I was curious what the next best thing would be.
                  I know someone on here with a lightly modd'ed MSM...face it, you won't leave it stock lol :)

Comment

^^ I agree.

Knowing that the car is very easily modifiable, you won't leave it stock for long. :D

Comment

I know someone on here with a lightly modd'ed MSM...face it, you won't leave it stock lol :)
                      Hmm, I may take y'all up on that ;)
                      ~Andrew
                      Atlanta Region SCCA
                      D Prepared Miata

Comment

i was just point out a car.... i cannot give permission for a test drive, you'll have to work a deal with the owner haha

Comment

Originally posted by Oblio
                          Originally posted by MX5ATLanta.com

now you know how us ITP feel about meets OTP I'll be there finally I think it will be worth it for the people watching.
                          ITP and OTP = inside/outside the perimeter?

Roadster is the meet king, he'll drive forever to meet people.

Comment

What about those of us that are ITP and OTP? What's the acronym for us?

I won't necessarily drive forever for a meet. An hour's drive is pretty much my cut off point. Fortunately Athens is just inside that boundary. :)

Comment

But you would drive for meat! :lol: ahhh i'm a sad sod

Comment

Working...
                              X