Mountain Biking Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Biking Gathering

It appears that there are a few people on the board that enjoys mounting biking just as much as I do. I have yet been able to go since I've moved here from Utah a few years ago. When the weather begins to warm up again, how many people would be interested in riding a trail or two?

I'm in. I hope my dad didn't get rid of my bike in the Great Garage Cleanout...

*Off-topic* Happy 2,000 post mark.

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Me.

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
        *Off-topic* Happy 2,000 post mark.
        Thanks! :banana:

Also, what trails does everyone recommend? I personally prefer something more technical but I doubt everyone is on the same physical shape level so we'll need to start off with something more "easy".

Comment

I may come. I haven't gone mountain biking in 5+ years, so I'll probably be really bad! And I would be one of the people in the "not-so-great-of-shape level"
          2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
          2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

That's fine. You can ride my mom's bike since you no longer have yours.

Comment

I have only been to trails in Athens and the mountains. My dad works with most trails in this area some are really good, I haven't been on any real beginner type trails around here. I like technical stuff, and I like a good fast technical downhill as well.

Comment

I'm about to buy a bike and would love to join. I grew up racing BMX, but that was many years/beers ago. Sign me up for the "easy" trails with potential to move onto something a little more challenging later!
                sigpic

Comment

Where are all of you located? There are trails in Oakwood at Gainseville State College that are pretty easy.

Comment

I'm up for it. It's been a few years.
                    2013 Whitout FR-S
                    1988 LS1 rx7 convertible
                    sigpic

Comment

Steve and I are in Newnan/Peachtree City.
                      2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
                      2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

As am I.

Originally posted by miata5620
                        Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by nickt93 View Post
                          I'm about to buy a bike and would love to join. I grew up racing BMX, but that was many years/beers ago. Sign me up for the "easy" trails with potential to move onto something a little more challenging later!
                          No worries Nick, for the first few trails, I recommend we ride an easier trail so no one is left behind and can ride at a comfortable pace. It won't be a race to see who can complete the trail the fastest.

As Sawyer and Eric have already indicated, we're on the south side of Atlanta but knowing that the mountains/trails are north, I am expecting to make a commute to wherever.

Comment

well, im beyond in on this one

i also have a friend who manages a small bike store in smyrna, who USED to be a miata enthusiast...off-topic but i get great deals

Blankets Creek in Canton, GA is amazing, several different tracks, all skill levels

Big Creek in Roswell- they even have a downhill track (simple we are in GA)

Sope Creek, Marietta- piss on this place too many rocks

The Olympic Horse Park in Conyers, where they also rode MTB during the olympics
                            Originally posted by VERY FLUSH
                            Trust me.my education is far surpass other people

Comment

Jenn and I went walking around Sope Creek one day... trails didn't look bad at all....and there are a LOT of trails....and you can go jump in the creek to cool off :lol:

Jenn has a mtn bike..and i've been browsing CL now and then to get one for myself. I'm like Nick, I used to do BMX/street stuff... but it's been like 10 years...though I still have my nice shiny GT Tour.

Comment

Working...
                              X