Roadsterdrift Drop-Top showdown round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadsterdrift Drop-Top showdown round 2

Its in the planning stages still, but it will probably be in late july or before august 9th.
    http://www.roadsterdrift.com/forums/...opic=6848&st=0

-two day drift/grip/gymkhana event at two different courses (camp-out/barbeque at night on the track)
    -miata only (non-miatas allowed if they come with a miata)
    - in socal

I'm driving all the way there for it, if anyone wants to go we could caravan! I'm probably gonna hit an event in texas on the way, haha.

If you guys aren't down to drive all the way there, I wish an event like that could be organized on the east coast!

Here's some footage and the flyer from the last event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9jyUvD-M6E
    Last edited by N3v; 01-04-2009, 07:41 PM.
    sigpic

They should have arranged to do this during Miata World II in Dallas...

Comment

when's that?
      sigpic

Comment

we need one of these on the east coast. so i can take my noob drift abilities to the track and not hit any curbs.
        "keep drifting fun......or else..." --Andy Sapp

Comment

Yeah, not driving to so-cow for a single event. If I were to make a trip for a Miata related event, it would be FM Open House or Miatas at Hallet. Jenn and I thought about Miata World II, but @$300 a pop for "entry" (does not include hotel stay) and the fact that it's mostly going to be wine and cheese is probably going to seal the deal on not going. Although I remember seeing pics in SCC from the one in 1999 and there were a bunch of really nice cars there and they are having a track day this time.

I would love to throw a all-Miata event at TGP, but we would need like 30 cars and each entry would be ~$175 (for a Sunday). This would allow 5 cars on the track at a time. Maybe for something this spring....
          Last edited by Doppelgänger; 01-05-2009, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelgänger View Post
            Jenn and I thought about Miata World II, but @$300 a pop for "entry" (does not include hotel stay)
            Apparently this event now has some 20th anniversary competition...

From the ForeverMX5.com page...

Miatas to Celebrate 20th Anniversary at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Buzz up!
            vote now

Since its introduction nearly 20 years ago, the Miata has been at home on the track, winning hundreds of races. It’s equally at home on great roads, like every good sports car. Over 800,000 of the sturdy little roadsters have been built and sold, making the MX-5 Miata the most popular sports car of all time.
            Since 2001, Mazda has been the sponsor of the world-class Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. So what better way to wish the Miata a happy 20th birthday than a two-day event on a famous track, in a region known for some of the most scenic roads in the country?
            On March 21st and 22nd, Forever MX-5 and Miatas from all over the US will be attending Miatas at MRLS for one big birthday party. The main focus is a two-day track event on one of the world’s top tracks. Everyone’s welcome from novice to expert. Instructors will be on hand for anyone who wants some tuition. Two full days of driving one of the best tracks in the world. It’s your chance to dive down the Corkscrew in your Miata, following in the tire tracks of racing legends.
            But it’s more than just a track weekend. The pits will be full of vendors, including Forever MX-5, showing off everything from the latest products for the NC MX-5 to our hottest show and competition cars. If you ask nicely, you might even get to go for a ride! There are also going to be show specials for participants. Various competition Miatas will be on hand along with their drivers to show what the car can do. There will be parade laps available for those who want to take a slightly less frantic look at the track. On Saturday afternoon there will be a big group photo of all the participating Miatas on the front straight of the track. Tours of the stunning Monterey peninsula will also be available for a more relaxed pace and chance to check out one of the most beautiful spots in the world.
            Saturday night will feature a big banquet, giving everyone the perfect opportunity for bench racing and general tall tales. The plan is to make it fun, not full of boring speeches – but there will be a few Miata celebrities on hand, including Tom Matano as Grand Marshal. There’s also going to be a book signing by Miata expert and Forever MX-5 columnist Keith Tanner.
            A legendary track, cool cars, neat toys, fun people, great drives and good food – there’s no better way to celebrate 20 years of the world’s most popular sports car than to drive it as it’s meant to be driven. Admission is free for spectators, and $500 buys you a full weekend of track time. For all the information, hotel details, a timetable, safety requirements and registration call 408-439-7434, e-mail [email protected] or check out MiatasAtMRLS.com There’s a limit of 100 cars on the track and the banquet hall is only so big, so don’t delay!

Comment

^I might try to make that, if not then I am going to Laguna sometime this year. I like track time but could care less about the Miata gathering lol.

Comment

Sorry - I kind of... jacked the thread on that one :(

Comment

Originally posted by Synthmob View Post
                  Apparently this event now has some 20th anniversary competition...

From the ForeverMX5.com page...

Miatas to Celebrate 20th Anniversary at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
                  That sounds sooooooooo much better than the other event. When I first heard of the event in TX, I considered it.... and then I heard the price and looked at the event schedule.

I think we my try to head to the FM open house in Colorado this year instead.
                  2005 Black Mica Mazdaspeed MX-5 - FM Intake - Enthuza Midpipe and Exhaust - FM DP - Hallman MBC - Upgraded Intercooler - Hard Dog Roll Bar - Volk TE37 - and then some...
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X