filter for thompson relocation kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filter for thompson relocation kit?

Does the Thompson Oil Filter Relocation Kit call for the stock-type oil filter? Or does it use something else?

I assumed it retained the stock filter, however when I replaced the existing filter with a typical miata SuperTech 6607, I got a leak between the outer edge of the filter and the inner edge of the filter base. I also thought that the new filter seemed smaller than the old filter when I installed it. The previous owner installed existing filter was a Napa 93165.

Thanks
    DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
    | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
    | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

i remember reading back in the day that one of the relocation kits used a toyota oil filter. I don't remember what kit, or anything, just that the toyota filter was easier to come by.

Maybe you could check to see what vechile the napa filter came off original
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Googling the part number showed RX8. Many RX8 filters cross reference to MX5.
      Consensus at the pointy board is that I probably got a bad filter. Got a new one a little bit ago and cleaned up most of the oil. In the morning I'll clean up the remaining mess, run the car, and hope it does not continue to weep.
      DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

why not just go buy the same filter that came off the car to begin with? it didnt leak.
        DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

Maybe I wasn't expecting a problem. ;)
          DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

well yeah, but there is one now lol. so did you fix it? or at least figure out what was going on?
            DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

installed a millenia filter. cleaned up some of the oil. need to hose off and wipe down the remaining oil then go for a ride, but the rain is holding me up.
              DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Working...
              X