Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA6 VVT Swap Questions

Hi Guys,
    Doing a swap on my '90 with a 03 VVT engine. The question I have is about Exhaust manifolds, I went with a [email protected] manifold so I eliminated EGR, but the exhaust manifolds for 01-05 engines have EGR ports, Do I have to get a plug or can I use a 94-97 header?
    Thanks
    1990 Turbo'd sleeper.
    Tuner, I can make it go faster.
    :nxsmile:

If there is a gaping hole in your exhaust manifold then you'd need to plug it. FM sells a plug IIRC, or you can just weld shut the EGR flange. All years have the EGR ports AFAIK so swapping years isn't going to help you.
    '00 Black NB, Track/Street car.
    It seems like the most powerful weapon in the universe is speed. Move something fast enough and it will obliterate anything

Comment

I’m doing an NB1 swap, get a 94-97 header and cat or cat delete and you can keep your NA6 exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

Okay so going with a 94-97 header will work on the 03 engine and not have egr? GTOTT97?
        1990 Turbo'd sleeper.

Comment

All the 1.8s have EGR.
          ~Andrew
          Atlanta Region SCCA
          D Prepared Miata

Comment

NA6 VVT Swap Questions

Originally posted by crash12190 View Post
            Okay so going with a 94-97 header will work on the 03 engine and not have egr? GTOTT97?
            Correct all of the 1.8’s use the same bolt pattern for the exhaust manifold, if you wanted to do it even easier bolt the 94 to 97 upper exhaust manifold to the downpipe from your 1.6 exhaust and everything will bolt up the exact same, the oxygen sensor will even be in the same place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

Okay thanks guys, just to confirm, going with a 94-97 LONGTUBE HEADER will bolt to the later head, which is perfect for me, eliminating all the EGR nonsense.
              Thanks
              1990 Turbo'd sleeper.

Comment

Working...
              X