I did a thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did a thing.

I bought an NB over the weekend. I was looking for a white on black NB2, but this one came up and I liked it. I started cleaning it up a little, or as Taylor calls it “The Stevening II”. I knocked the chalk off the finish with a quick soft cut.

14736504-E530-45BB-9ACB-274392CFBE43.jpg

75C00478-CC34-48F1-B293-AC73C608310E.jpg

I had Joel and Yancey with me when I went to go look at it. Joel and I took it for a test drive. It pulls really well. I am used to my 1.6 NA so everything feels fast to me. :) However, Joel has the same engine as this NB in his NA and he was surprised how well it accelerated, especially with two of us in it and the car is riding on 225/50-15 (not a typo). He asked me to tell him what it was at on the freeway, so I sent him this pic:

88FFA70E-70CC-48C5-8636-21E67275ADB9.jpg

I triple confirmed the speedo was correct by checking it against my GPS Speedbox app. It was accurate. We think the P-PO might have put 4.78 gears in the rear. Seredipity!

I already like where this car is heading. :)
    Last edited by kung fu jesus; 11-12-2017, 06:01 PM.

Congrats! Looks clean! I’m a sucker for NBs with Hard Tops.
    sigpic
    Current: 1994 Merlot (Turbo) Sold: Red '02 Turbo | 2010 - 2015 ~~~ 987 Boxster | 2012-2014 ~~~ Z4 ///M Roadster | 2015 - 2015 ~~~ Z4 3.0i (18k miles!)| 2018-2018 ~~~ 2006 Miata (Laci) | one track day ~~~ Exocet (Turbo!) | 2015-2019

Comment

Looks like a nice car! Congrats sir!
      sigpic

Comment

Nice, what are the specs on the car?
        Instead of being part of the problem, why not be a part of a successful solution

Comment

Congrats! More pictures!
          - Lee -
          '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
          '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

Welcome to the NB club! Congrats!
            '00 Silver Miata

Comment

Very cool! I also recently bought an NB and was surprised at how much harder it seemed to pull than my naturally aspirated '95 with similar mods.

So is the blue car going up for sale?
              sigpic

Comment

Pictures forthcoming. Yes, the blue car is going to be up for sale soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kung fu jesus View Post
                  Pictures forthcoming. Yes, the blue car is going to be up for sale soon.
                  No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yep. This is the final goodbye.

Rear end is a 4.3, totally fine with that. Marked the driveshaft and the tire, counted the revolutions.

Comment

Working...
                    X