Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A K24 swap in mind.

Hey guys

I was wondering from you larger city connected folks, who is it you recommend going to and trusting your Miata with it being done properly in swapping out your 1.6-.8 to the Honda K24/20 hybrid?

ive been toying with the idea of getting this old 220k mile engine out of my 95M and putting in a K series hybrid or the J series. I can’t do the work myself for the lack of shop & tools plus the account of my back doesn’t agree with labor anymore. I can’t stress enough of how much I want this done properly and everything to be running smooth out the door. I will pay to play.

If someone could point me in the right direction of doing this swap so I know who to look into when I get back from Germany, I’d Really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    I'm Not Suffering From Insanity I'm Enjoying Every Second Of It :banana:

so there’s no one? that’s weird

p.s
    cost is not a factor.

Comment

It’s just a local forum. Plenty of turbo guys, an LS or two and a couple LFX. No one I know here runs k20... personally y if I wanted a Honda I’d buy one, but you know what opinions are like.
      The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
      http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

Isnt kmiata based in Chattanooga? Do they do turnkeys?

Comment

Talk to Mike at track minded performance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
            Talk to Mike at track minded performance.

If I were going to pay someone to do a swap, he's definitely on the short list.

The K24 is a hell of a motor, but it ain't a budget swap.
            ~Andrew
            Atlanta Region SCCA
            D Prepared Miata

Comment

Originally posted by amaff View Post
              If I were going to pay someone to do a swap, he's definitely on the short list.

The K24 is a hell of a motor, but it ain't a budget swap.
              Word, he's doing my ecotec swap. Mike is family, and about the only person I'd trust with my car at this point.

Comment

Another vote for Mike @ TrackMindedPerformance! Only person I’d have work on my cars!
                sigpic
                Current: 1994 Merlot (Turbo) Sold: Red '02 Turbo | 2010 - 2015 ~~~ 987 Boxster | 2012-2014 ~~~ Z4 ///M Roadster | 2015 - 2015 ~~~ Z4 3.0i (18k miles!)| 2018-2018 ~~~ 2006 Miata (Laci) | one track day ~~~ Exocet (Turbo!) | 2015-2019

Comment

I was thinking of http://superfastmiatas.com/, they do a Honda V6 swap, located in Royston, GA.

Comment

Originally posted by iscariot View Post
                    I was thinking of http://superfastmiatas.com/, they do a Honda V6 swap, located in Royston, GA.
                    I heavily considered this kit, and the superfastminis guys seem pretty cool. However that kit has some design compromises that concern me. Plus the J engines don't like when they are revved high.

Comment

Originally posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
                      However that kit has some design compromises that concern me. Plus the J engines don't like when they are revved high.
                      All of this.
                      ~Andrew
                      Atlanta Region SCCA
                      D Prepared Miata

Comment

Doesn’t everyone like to dig ditches with their starter?
                        The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
                        http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

Gracias guys. I'll look into Track minded.

Comment

Working...
                          X