Re-building shifter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-building shifter??

Hey guys! I'm looking to rebuild my shifter. It's gotten sloppy and the bushing i imagine has disintegrated. While replacing everything i want to put in a short throw shifter. What all do i need and where is the best place to purchase everything?

Here you go:

http://www.miataroadster.com/miataro...s/g-63251.aspx

This has the full kit of all the inner parts you want and offer the new shifter. I also think on their site they have a kit without the new shifter for cheaper.
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

No matter what, definitely pick up one of MiataRoadster's delrin shifter bushings.
      ~Andrew
      Atlanta Region SCCA
      D Prepared Miata

Comment

Originally posted by amaff View Post
        No matter what, definitely pick up one of MiataRoadster's delrin shifter bushings.
        I second this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

I would second that, but say the brass shifter bushing is also VERY nice... if expensive.
          '00 Black NB, Track/Street car.
          It seems like the most powerful weapon in the universe is speed. Move something fast enough and it will obliterate anything

Comment

Originally posted by amaff View Post
            I third this.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wingman703 View Post
              I would second that, but say the brass shifter bushing is also VERY nice... if expensive.
              Word of caution, brass shifter bushings, the one at the end of the lever, can be a little tricky to remove. I have needed a tap remove a pair of these from NB transmissions after they became stuck down there. I don't know if the tolerances were just too tight, but it is definitely a little unnerving.

Comment

Working...
              X